HONG KONG TRAVELOG 2018

11:59 AM








Yo! So I finally finished my one year PRP training so I can finally start realising my travel plans!

First stop - Hong Kong

This is my second time visiting HK. It was not on my To-Visit-Country-List but because my sis who's studying in HK asked us to visit during her semester break so there, I visited this country for the second time. It is not one of the most popular destinations I guess because it's just a very small country and it's just basically a typical city kind of place. I didn't even want to seriously plan the itinerary because I've been to HK before and there wasn't really any very interesting or exciting things that I want to try out. Since my sis volunteered to plan the itinerary as she was the host so we just let her did her job!

I bought the AirAsia tickets about 2 months before the travel date. It was on a sale so it's quite cheap (RM 464 return flight). I didn't even apply leave before I bought the tickets so I was quite worried that I couldn't get leave. Was planning to tell my boss I wanted to attend a relative's wedding outstation, because I was not sure whether PRP was allowed to go overseas, plus as a civil servant we needed to apply with Jabatan Kesihatan Negeri (JKNS) to go overseas otherwise we could be taken action or something. But luckily in the end my boss was quite willing to let us apply long leave because we were already "floaters" and we weren't sure whether we would get posting elsewhere (need to clear off-time).

In this travel post I would be using both English and Chinese because some things just sound better in Chinese especially things in HK! :) I don't want to spend much time on proof-reading my post so bear with my grammar mistakes. My expenses in this trip will be listed at the bottom of this post.



香港
H O N G     K O N G



--------------------------------------  D A Y    O N E  --------------------------------------
1 1 . 1 . 2 0 1 8

When we arrived at the airport, we were greeted by a drug-sniffing dog! I felt quite shy to be sniffed by the dog lol... I don't think it's a routine so maybe they just got information that there might be drug smuggling taking place that day? Oh and we don't need to get stamped on our passports nowadays if we are just foreign visitors of HK.... They just give you a little piece of paper which states your arrival time and how long you're allowed to stay in HK. Sigh... that way my passport doesn't get as many stamps as it should be getting :/


Landing slips in replacement of stamps


We took Cityflyer bus to Hung Hom (红磡) which is where my sis's university (Hong Kong Polytechnic University) located. Oh before we leave the airport, my sis already got each of us one Octopus card (which is a necessity to travel around HK by public transport, it can be used to buy things at certain retail shops too). She also got us Pocket Wifi.

Following is quoted from the HK Citybus website:

Citybus' Cityflyer service is the most convenient and comfortable way to get to and from Hong Kong International Airport. Our fully air-conditioned, low floor deck coaches make for Hong Kong's smoothest and most scenic bus rides, taking you over the spectacular Tsing Ma Bridge and providing convenient access to major locations in Hong Kong and Kowloon. The buses on the nine routes run at frequent intervals and the fares are competitive - less than half the price of the train fare, and considerably cheaper than a taxi.

So, basically Cityflyer bus is the best way to get to and from the HK International Airport. After we got off from the bus, we walked a fair amount of distance to my sis's hostel while lugging our suitcases. Luckily the weather was cold (12-16°C) so we didn't sweat like hell (in fact we rarely sweat at all!). However, the cold air stung my eyes a lot because I have dry eyes. Actually I prefer this type of cold weather than the 33 °C weather of Malaysia because I hate to sweat so much. The only bad thing about cold weather is that your skin would get really really dry... until I can see white cracks on the skin of my legs! Eyes and nostrils will get very very dry until it became painful!




After leaving our luggage at my sis's room, we walked to her campus, which is also quite a distance from her hostel! I realised we walked A LOT during this trip and it actually helps a lot in my bowel movement lol. The campus is open to visitors but some places are forbidden entry to visitors. Hmm... I didn't take a lot of pictures here... because the place was filled with students and I felt shy to act like tourists lol. Just some pictures of the Jockey Club Innovation Tower which is apparently a famous building designed by some award winning architect... This building serves as the building for School of Design.


Jockey Club Innovation Tower


There are some food stalls being set up in various locations inside the universtiy. Of course, there are also canteens (if I'm not wrong there are two canteens in the university), but we were too starving so we bought Curry Fishballs (咖喱鱼蛋) and some dumplings in sour and spicy soup (酸辣汤水饺) at one of the stalls inside the university. The curry flavour is different from the curry in Malaysia because they use only curry powder. Still, our curry is better because we use real spices :) The dumplings are those frozen type but edible lol the soup was quite nice though.


Food stall inside campus

Curry fishballs

Dumplings


After strolling around in the university campus, we went to the canteen (more like food court) to have our lunch. Students can bring their family or friends in the canteen to have meals. We ordered Cart Noodle (车仔面), Char Siew Rice (叉烧饭) and Mapo Toufu Rice Set (麻婆豆腐). Frankly speaking, the food presentation was nice but the taste... so-so. For the Cart Noodle we can choose Thick Noodle/Thin noodle/Vermicilli (粗面/细面/米粉). We chose Thick Noodle and it tasted just like instant noodle with a very strong smell like the Yellow Noodle in Malaysia (Tip: Don't choose Thick Noodle in HK as it means the noodle with strong Yellow Noodle smell). The Mapo Toufu tasted weird too. I don't know is it because we are already used to taste in Malaysia or are foods in Malaysia really taste better? Or is it just because the food quality in university's canteen is lower than foods sold outside? Food in HK were expensive.. Even though the food in university is considered cheap because they have student price but still more expensive compared to in Malaysia. Didn't take any photo here because the canteen was filled with students I paiseh... lol

Then, we loitered around in the Jockey Club Innovation Tower... until Tea Time (下午茶时间)! Apparently the restaurants in HK usually have special menus or special discounts for Tea Time, including university canteens lol. So we went to another canteen which sells Dim Sum! Sis says the Dim Sums are half the prices during Tea Time so it's worth it... Actually after the price became half its the same as the price in Malaysia lol. The Dim Sums were so-so. I took a video of the Dim Sums but I forgot to take pictures lol.







After that we took MTR with our Octopus Card to Mongkok (旺角). We check-in our guest house that we booked through Booking.com - Kowloon Mongkok  1812 Guest House @ Sun Hing Building. Its in a very nice location as it's just 1 minute walk away from the Mongkok MTR station and there's a bus stop just at the street in front of the Sun Hing Building. Mongkok is also where the infamous Ladies' Market (女人街), Fa Yuen Street (花园街), Flower Market (花墟), Goldfish Market (金鱼街) and Temple Street Night Market (庙街夜市) located. However, we didn't managed to visit the Flower, Goldfish and Temple Street Market because we spent too much time at the malls =,=

Overall, it's a pretty good stay at Mongkok 1812 Guest House. It's just as what the reviews said. Although small, the place was generally clean and the facilities were working well. The staffs were helpful too (unlike most of the waiters in HK restaurants). I would definitely stay in this Guesthouse again the next time I visit HK (if  I ever decide to visit HK again). I didn't snap any pictures as I've already recorded a video on the room... but who knows how long will I take to edit the videos and all lol.

After we unpack our luggage, we went shopping at Langham Place (朗豪坊). We went to Uniqlo and H&M. The Ultra Light Down Jacket in Uniqlo was on sale ($499) and the discount was RM30 more than the discount at Malaysia Uniqlo online store! I was tempted to buy because the RM70 one that I bought from Taobao was very disappointing. It was thin, the navy colour looks cheap and the feathers kept coming out. But eventually I didn't buy because the Taobao one actually does keep me warm enough and I don't want it to go wasted.

We also took some pictures at Line Friends Store I don't know why lol.. I guess it's just a natural instinct to take pictures when we see cute characters...






Then we had our dinner at Yoshinoya (吉野家). The restaurant was very crowded! Yoshinoya in HK is famous with their Steamboat (一人火锅) which we don't have in Malaysia. The menu seemed to change every season. We ordered the two types of steamboat which were on the menu that day: Lobster Soup (龙虾汤の锅) and Cheesy Chikuwa Steamboat (芝士竹轮火锅). It tasted quite nice and it's very "syok" to eat steamboat in the cold weather! And we also ordered extra beef slices (肥牛) because there was a promotion. OMG the beef slices were awesome. But the waiter here damn rude we just ask for extra set of cutlery then got scolded =.= One thing must try is their 响铃. Soak it in the soup for 3 seconds (not longer) then bite it... it's crispy but full of soup! No photos because I forgot to take lol.






A snapshot of the mini buses (香港小巴) waiting beside the street. We didnt take any mini bus because sis said you need to call out to the driver when you want to alight... which is quite hard to do because we're not very familiar with places in HK.






--------------------------------------  D A Y    T W O  --------------------------------------
1 2 . 1 . 2 0 1 8

Next morning, we had our breakfast at a famous old school coffee shop that the locals like to eat at - Kam Wah Cafe  & Bakery (金华冰厅) @ Prince Edward (太子). BTW there's a place called Tian Hou (天后) which is literally translated to Queen in English lol. We ordered their famous 菠萝油, 西多士, 猪仔包, 蛋挞 and 奶茶. Pardon me I'll just write the Chinese names because I lazy to translate to English lol. We also ordered Hot Choco and Ovaltine (their Milo lol, still Milo is better). Generally all the food and the Milk Tea were nice. Luckily there weren't many customers because we went on a weekday. We ordered quite fast so we didn't get any rude treatment from the staffs (Tip: Before you order any food sit down on the table, decide what you want to eat and drink and waste not 1 second of the waiter's time or you will be dissed, just google for the recommended food before you go).






After breakfast we took MTR to Shau Kei Wan (筲箕湾) and then took Bus No. 9 to Shek O (石澳). To get to Shek O we had to go through narrow mountain roads... on a DoubleDecker... which was quite scary lol. Shek O is actually a beach village which is quite isolated from the city... which makes it a rustic and peaceful village that's nice to take pictures and relax... So naturally we took a lot of pictures here! Please ignore my terrible hairstyle and pose... I'm not very fond of taking pictures so my posing skills really suck... and OMG that 中分 =.=

BTW This was my first time using a mirrorless camera to take travelling pictures. Unfortunately I shot all my pictures in RAW format because I didn't do enough research and I thought RAW format is the best =.= As a consequence, my memory card was full after I took the pictures at Shek O (I also took some video clips too). Imagine if my sis was not studying in HK and I didn't have a computer/storage device to transfer all my photos to.... On top of that, I had to edit each and every one of the pictures and save into JPEG format in order to view/post...! Some I actually lazy to edit and just post them as they were. But that being said, RAW format actually gives me more room to edit... which is quite useful for some pictures especially the ones with tall buildings where the buildings would get distorted.























See how I made my sis looked so pretty here...






See after many tries... How my sis made me look...




Fail....




The sea is too beautiful... perfect for selfie!









View from the bus







MTR station
After Shek O, we took MTR to Causeway Bay (铜锣湾) to have 伤心酸辣粉 as our lunch. It's located inside Island Beverly Center (金百利广场). There are shops selling cheap clothes that you can't try on (sort of like our Sungei Wang Plaza) in this building but we're not here for shopping.



In front of Island Beverly Center

So, we ordered Saliva Chicken Steamed chicken with chilli sauce (口水鸡), and two bowls of Spicy and Sour Noodles (伤心酸辣粉). Actually that two bowls are different types but I forgot the names and I couldn't find the menu on google. I only remember one of them was mild spicy (BB 辣) and another one was little spicy (小辣). The BB 辣 was nice... but the 小辣 I don't like! It's not that spicy but it will numb your tongue! I don't like the numbness on my tongue! There were also options for medium spicy, very spicy and so on... OMG. For the noodles I think we chose Sweet Potato Noodles (红薯粉)? Aiks, during this trip I didn't really record all the menus or expenses because I wanted to just relax and do nothing stressful lol. So now I can only rely on Google. I think the one that I liked most was the 口水鸡!






After lunch, we went to Windsor House mall (皇室堡) to shop for clothes. I realise the branded clothes like Uniqlo, Bershka and Zara always have sale in HK and the clothes are quite cheap for their brands. I bought a top ($59) and denim shorts ($39) at Bershka and they're very comfy.

Then we went to the Urban Bakery in Hysan Place (希慎广场) to try out their famous french croissants. They combined french croissants with HK Pineapple Bun (菠萝包) and the taste and texture was quite nice! It's quite pricey at around HKD 22 each but from Google I found out that the croissants were imported from French?? Is that true?? lol. They have a special name called Cowssant (牛角酥) which was quite cute I think. I forgot which type we ordered but I think it was on a Buy 2 Free 1 sale so we ordered two Molten Egg Yolk Custard Croissants and another one I forgot hahaha never mind it's not as good as the Molten Egg Yolk one anyway. First bite was heavenly... but it gets a little dry after you ate a few bites.. So the egg yolk custard one definitely tastes better because the custard adds some moisture to the croissant which otherwise would be very dry on its own.



Combination of Pineapple Bun and French Croissant

I think after this we went to Fa Yuen Street (花园街) also known as Sneakers Street (波鞋街) because Mom wanted to buy a pair of comfortable shoes and I wanted to look for cheap Vans shoes. But there weren't any cheap shoes there... they're more expensive than in Malaysia.. Maybe the styles in HK are newer but I don't mind the styles as long as they're comfy (and cheap!) because all the styles look the same to me. We also went in some of the clothes shops that sell cheap Taobao Korean style clothes. We didn't buy anything though.

When the sky was almost dark (the sky there turned dark very early... their 5.30 PM felt like our 7.00 PM maybe cause it's winter), we took MTR to Admiralty (金钟) to visit Victoria Harbour. OMG the MTR was crowded with people!!! 人山人海!!! We had to pass on two trains because it was too full! But good thing about HK MTR is there is one train every 1-2 minute in crowded stations. I had to push people in to get in the third train hahaha! And we were literally packed like canned sardines in the MTR!!! Luckily the weather was cold so there's no horrifying smells of sweat hahaha! (Tip: Try to avoid taking MTR at peak hours in crowded stations unless you want to experience the feeling of a canned sardine).  Before we went to Victoria Harbour, we had some local desserts at Cong Sao Star Dessert (聪嫂甜品). We ordered the most famous Mango Milkshake Custard (芒果奶昔双皮奶) and Sweet Mango Soup (杨枝甘露) (both of which contain mango). We also ordered White Fungus Soup with Stewed Papaya (南北杏雪耳炖木瓜). 杨枝甘露 and 雪耳炖木瓜 were okay... but 芒果奶昔双皮奶 was the bomb! It's a mix of egg yolk, milk and shaved ice with a whole piece of mango on the top! It's a dessert you can't find in Malaysia here. The portion of the desserts were small but it's good because that way 才不会甜到腻!

杨枝甘露

芒果奶昔双皮奶

看那蛋,奶和冰沙的结合呀...

南北杏雪耳炖木瓜


And then we went to Victoria Harbour (维多利亚港)! It has undergone renovations so it looked totally different from 5 years back when I first visited HK. The Bruce Lee statue area was still under renovation and was covered up so I couldn't even catch a glimpse of it but it didn't matter lol. At night, the Victoria Harbour was filled with tourists because the Symphony of Lights will be held every night at 8 PM. Actually the Symphony of Lights is very lame... it's just music plus flashing of building lights with no synchronization with the music whatsoever... which lasted for a good 10 minutes. Most spectacular show in HK kononnya... After that we walked to the nearby 1881 Heritage. It's a good place to take pictures especially at night with the Victorian buildings and lights.



Then we went back to our guesthouse. We also bought two packets of Japanese snacks (potato chips and corn crisps) at the supermarket called Wellcome near our guesthouse. Apparently HK people really like Japanese stuffs because its not uncommon to find Japanese snacks and anime stuffs in HK! They're even sold in convenience stores and they were quite cheap. Apart from that, I also bought 8 packets of Nissin instant noodles! These Nissin noodles flavour are only available in HK and it was on a sale (8 packets = $23.80)! At our room, we ate Japanese snacks while watching 溏心风暴3 lol. I haven't watch HK dramas for a long time but it's getting so ridiculous nowadays lol. If you like to watch drama, like real drama with a lot of scoldings and cursing, then HK drama might be the one for you lol. I guess that's where HK citizens learn their manners from :P



-------------------------------------  D A Y    T H R E E  ------------------------------------
1 3 . 1 . 2 0 1 8


Morning we had the Michelin-starred Dim Sum as breakfast at Tim Ho Wan (添好运) branch at Sham Shui Po (深水埗). My sis chose this branch because Sham Shui Po is considered a place with less people so this means we don't need to queue as long! We arrived quite early to avoid the crowd and guess what?! We didn't even need to queue lol. The restaurant was packed but coincidentally there's a table of four that just cleared at the time when we arrived lol. So, we ordered a few famous Dim Sum: 古法糯米鸡, 蜜味叉烧肠, 杞子桂花糕, 晶莹鲜虾饺, 酥皮焗叉烧包 and 鲜虾烧卖皇.












糯米鸡, 肠粉 and 烧卖  tasted nice but our Malaysian ones are more flavourful. 桂花糕 is like jelly made with flower. It has a very strong fragrance of flower. Some might like it some might not. I thought it was okay. I really like the 虾饺 and 酥皮叉烧包! There were 3 fresh prawns in each dumpling! The thickness of the skin of the Char Siew Pao was 刚刚好! Very cripsy! And the Char Siew was yumsss. We also ordered 陈皮牛肉球 which tasted quite weird but quite nice.

After breakfast, we strolled around the streets of Sham Shui Po because the shops that sell computer stuffs don't open so early. Sham Shui Po is considered a less modern town in HK so its recommended to visit here if you'd like to see a retro HK view. It's like 旧香港. We bought a Red Bean Put Chai Ko (砵仔糕) at Kwan Kee Store (坤记糕品) just to try this popular old school HK snack. It's a palm-size sweet pudding cake that's quite nice to eat, not too sweet.







There are a lot of small shops selling cheap clothes and other stuffs in Sham Shui Po. We went to a shop selling computer stuffs which were crowded with HK people. I thought the things they sell must be cheap but actually not really. Then we went to the Golden Computer Arcade to look for cheap memory card for my camera but when I checked on Lazada MY I can get cheaper lol so we left without buying anything.

We went to Dragon Centre (西九龙中心). Inside Dragon Centre mall there's Apple Mall which is something like the Asia Avenue @ Sunway Pyramid... A lot of small shops selling stuffs in cubicles and also cute Japanese stationery..

Then we didn't know where else to eat so we randomly picked a fast food restaurant called Fairwood (大快活) selling local HK food. It's not a tourist famous place but I think quite famous among HK people because it was very crowded! We ordered Claypot Chicken Rice, Pork Chop Noodles and Salted Egg Yolk Pork Chop Rice Set. I thought the food were quite nice, just that our Malaysian Claypot Chicken Rice is more flavourful.





I couldn't remember when and where did we buy these Hong Kong Mochi (糯米滋). We bought the mango flavour and durian flavour one. The durian filling was little compared to the mango. The mango one they filled it with a piece of real mango! I personally liked the mango one more... but the durian one was nice too. These Mochi were not as sweet as expected which I like because I don't like desserts that are too sweet.





Before we left Sham Shui Po, we went shopping for souvenirs at Kee Wah Bakery (奇华饼家). The biscuits here are very nice especially their Egg Rolls (蛋卷) and Butterfly Crisp (蝴蝶酥). I bought some Butterfly Crisp ($19/8 pieces) and Tea Biscuits (茶薄片) ($10.5/8 pieces) as souvenirs for my Chinese colleagues. Very tempted to buy the biscuits that come in a very cute box with panda graphics but it was too expensive.

We then went back to Mong Kok and shop at Argyle Centre (旺角中心). It's something like Sungei Wang Plaza, selling cheap Taobao clothes. Gosh the place was crowded with HK youngsters... My sis bought a top there and Mom bought a Midi skirt there. After finish shopping we could smell a nice aroma and we spotted Grandy Mary outside the mall. Apparently it's a dessert store quite famous for its creative Egg waffles/ice cream. I've always wanted to try out the Egg Waffles (鸡蛋仔) so we bought the Oreo Egg Waffles. I quite liked it... it's best eaten when it's hot in the cold weather! It's very crispy!





Then we took MTR to Central (中环). Again, packed like sardine in the MTR.  中环 a place where youngsters hang out, a city with very happening night life, and a place with a lot of famous tourist spots like Graham Street Wall Art, the Longest Escalator, Duddel Street Gas Lamps, Retro Starbucks, and Kau Kee Restaurant. We spent a good amount of time finding the famous Wall Art because the stupid GPS map didn't tally with the real roads.

Central is like the most happening city in HK

Wall art that was so hard to find

A little cafe opposite the wall art

Then we had to queue for 15 minutes maybe? for the infamous Kau Kee Restaurant (九记牛腩). This restaurant has the worst service I ever had in my life! I also lazy to talk about the rude treatment we experienced. If you want your mood to be ruin, please eat at this restaurant. The food was okay...I can only say that it's not worth your mood to be ruin by their terrible service. The beef was very hard to chew for me.

Soup that tasted just like 清汤

It's called 上汤 but tasted just like the one above.

Basically like Beehun "kacau" with oyster sauce

Of course, curry not as nice as Malaysian curry. And the whole soup also got the yellow noodle taste.


And then we walked a VERY LONG DISTANCE to the Duddell Street (都爹利街). We passed by Lan Kwai Fong (兰桂坊) where there were many pubs which were quite scary because who knows you might be disturbed by drunken dudes? It's quite hard to find the Duddell Street with the stupid GPS which doesn't tally with real roads but finally we found it. It's not that pretty really lol it looks quite ordinary. I didn't get to really take pictures in the Starbucks too because we didn't order anything and we just went inside for a while.













  ------------------------------------  D A Y    F O U R -----------------------------------  
1 4 . 1 . 2 0 1 8


This is the day we leave HK. I felt a little 舍不得. 不要误会,不是舍不得香港,是舍不得回去工作岗位lol. Actually I felt a little relief when I was at the departure hall. Maybe HK gave me a really bad impression this time round. HK had made me very moody during the trip. There's no such thing as "Customer First" in HK zzz. 

Anyway, our flight departure time was 1.15 PM. I wanted to arrive 2 hours earlier so the night before I suggested to cancel our plan to go Choi Hong. My sis was very upset I guess cause I sort of ruin the itinerary she planned for us. She didn't think it's necessary to go such early cause we didn't have luggage to check-in. Because of my anxious nature, I insisted to go early. But at the same time, I felt 可惜 if we didn't go Choi Hong because it was one of the most Instagram worthy place in HK! I also felt bad for ruining her plan lah... 

So we actually decided to go Choi Hong last minute, after we finish our breakfast early and found that there's still enough time if we walk super fast lol.

We had our breakfast at Capital Cafe (华星冰室) @ Mong Kok which I think is the Australia Dairy Company with good service? Actually the service was okay lah... not as rude as others loh... But I must say this is the best breakfast I had in HK? Hahaha... maybe not that nice but very 合我口味. BTW my sis refused to bring us to Australia Dairy Company don't know why lol.

华星冰室 was just a walk away from our guesthouse. We ordered 奶油猪仔包,黑松露炒蛋多士,校长多士,火腿通粉.  All quite nice especially the 奶油猪仔包 and黑松露炒蛋多士!!! The 奶油猪仔包 is just a very simple toasted Burger bread with butter spread but because the bread was toasted until perfectly crispy (刚刚好) so its very heavenly. The scrambled egg mmMMmMMmM.... So smooth~~~~~ Best scrambled egg I ever had???! (Tip: Always eat your breakfast early because you most probably have to queue after 10 AM, we had our breakfast around 8-9 AM every day so we didn't have to queue generally).







We finish our breakfast within 30 minutes lol so fast right. So I said we can go to Choi Hong but we have to be fast. So off we go taking MTR to Choi Hong station.



My stupid sis cannot remember the road to the Instagram spot after we got out from Choi Hong MTR station. She already been here once but she couldn't remember?!?! I guess not everyone has good direction sense like me erhm lol. Luckily we finally found it but we actually 绕了一大圈 =.= When we tried to Google for direction it was hard also because we have no idea what name to search for! But I guess if we Google Map 彩虹停车场 or Choi Hong Estate Car Park you will be able to find it pretty easily. 

OR if you have a pretty good sense of direction, when you got out from the MTR station, just look up for the signature rainbow building and you will find that it's just beside the MTR station exit. The hard part is to find the car park, which is actually not that hard if you know that the car park is just located at the center which means that it's surrounded by the rainbow buildings. So, just try to get to the center of the Choi Hung Estate! OR if the GPS fails you can follow this "How to get to the Choi Hung Estate Car Park" guide that I made, you're welcome.


1. Take MTR to Choi Hung Station. Exit from C4.

2. Refer to the picture below to look for the entrance to Choi Hung Estate Car Park



3. Walk straight until you see Choi Hung Estate Catholic Secondary School at your right hand side.


4. Walk further a bit and you will see the Car Park at your left hand side as shown in the picture below.



5. Just climb up the staircase and you will find the basketball court on top of the Car Park, which is the Instagram spot!











We took around just 15 minutes to take all pictures I think! Then we took MTR back to our guesthouse to check-out! Check-out took less than 5 minutes. HK people are really fast haha. After check-out, we took the CityFlyer bus to the airport.

I'd been trying to look for cheap and nice souvenirs to bring back for some friends and colleagues but it was so hard to find in HK! Of course there are a lot of high quality stuffs but they come with high price too! Also I wanted to buy souvenirs related with HK culture. Saw some chopsticks, key chains and magnets at Ladies' Market but I was afraid to ask for the price because I've heard bad things about the sellers there. They would scold you if you ask for price/bargain but don't buy. So, I was just thinking to give up but I saw these cute looking key chains and chopsticks at the airport souvenir shop (inside the boarding hall). And they were not too expensive! Key chains were $18 each and chopsticks were $50/2 pairs. Not exactly cheap but it was the only souvenir shop in the airport. And BTW it was so hard to find a souvenir shop around HK except in Ladies' Market.

Oh well, so that's all for my HK Trip Number 2. OMG this is the longest blog post that I write since last decade lol. I actually spent 11 hours to type all these!


Overall, HK is a recommended place to visit if you like Chinese food and don't mind the bad service. I personally think that the breakfast in HK are the best, though I think the cuisines in expensive restaurants (酒家) would be nice also but we didn't go this time round. Not all HK people are rude, we did meet some helpful people like the guesthouse staffs and the clothes shop staffs.

Oh BTW, there are a lot of smokers in HK and they were literally found anywhere outdoor. But strange enough I didn't have any nose allergy during the time in HK.

 I spent in total RM1170 including plane tickets, public transportation, pocket WiFi, accommodation, food, clothes and souvenirs... still quite pocket-friendly I would say.


Yeah so back to reality. Work tomorrow T.T




 E X P E N S E S 

Airplane tickets     RM464

Transportation (MTR and bus)     $195.30

Pocket WiFi     $160

Accommodation (3 nights, room for 3)     $1455

Kee Wah Bakery     $59

Curry fish balls and dumplings     $36

Polytechnic U Canteen     $48.50

Canteen Dim Sum     $70

Yoshinoya     $143.5

Kam Wah Cafe & Bakery     $126

Spicy & Sour Noodles     $140

Urban Bakery     $46

Cong Sao  Star Dessert     $106

Tim Ho Wan     $171

Kwan Kee Put Chai Ko     $7

HK Mochi     $24

Fairwood Fast Food     $127

Grandy Mary Egg Waffles     $22

Kau Kee Restaurant     $212

Capital Cafe     $140

Japanese snacks     $13.90

Bershka top and shorts     $98

Nissin instant noodles (8 packets)    $23.80

Airport souvenirs     $86


    

For transportation, we borrowed sis's and her friend's Octopus Card, and sis also bought a new HK citizen Octopus Card. Tourists can get a Tourist Octopus Card too. The difference is that to get a Tourist Octopus Card means that you have to BUY the card at $39. There's no deposit needed, remaining value can be refunded and the card can be kept as souvenir! For the normal Octopus Card, deposit is needed because you're just borrowing the card.  But if I'm not wrong, the Tourist Octopus Card cannot be negative value but the On-Loan cards can because there's deposit. The cost for all types of cards are shown in the picture below.

Choice of Octopus Cards


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...