The 14th General Election #GE14 #PRU14

10:32 PM

I still remember how emotional I got during the last election, and it was during one of my final exam but I didn't care to study, kept refreshing my FB homepage and sharing posts favouring the oppositions were all I did during the day of GE13. My previous post about the #GE13: http://mochajeanne.blogspot.my/2013/05/the-general-election.html

I also remember the disappointment that many Rakyat got last election. The opposition who won the popular votes lost, probably due to various alleged cheating like phantom voters and gerrymandering by the ruling party. It's been said one of the darkest day in Malaysia's political history where the Rakyat's right and power was being disregarded and democracy failed.

But throughout the years leading to today (9/5/2018), seems that more and more people turned towards the oppositions, mainly because of the prime minister's well-known corruption accusations and dare-I-say thick-facedly denied all of his wrongdoings. Also, the GST introduced by the government these two to three years has been eating at Malaysians, especially the lower income group. So, of course, people will start supporting the opposition. Like last time, only those ignorant people or people who would benefit from the ruling party would support them. Like what Tun M said, the party rule with the "Cash is King" mentality. In fact, my dad's friend said that her old mother insisted to vote for the ruling party because she felt the government gave her money (Br1m), no matter how her children explain to her. So my dad's friend said it's better if nobody fetch her to vote lol. I believe that there are still many ignorant people who think like that. Can't blame them really because the didn't receive education like most of the younger generations / city people.

However, I was hopeful that THIS IS THE TIME for change (although every election we think like that lol). But there were good reasons to think so. First and most important, Tun M left the ruling party and joined force with the opposition despite his very old age. Salute him for still campaigning at 92 years of age! It's a very big determinant of the election result because Tun M is one of the most influencial leader in our country, and also the Malay community. The Malay constitutes the majority (almost half) of the Malaysian population after all, so their support are very important. He himself already said that there hasn't many years left for him. So if this time we still can't change, we really don't stand a chance after this.

Some were skeptical about Tun M's motive. They said he just likes to be in control again. Some said he just wants revenge because his son was fired from the ruling party. Some said he wants to pave way for his son. These may be true, nobody truely knows except Tun M himself. But I don't think any 92-year-old man would still think about all these meaningless things when he is already going to leave the world, let alone traveling to different states and giving speeches for 1 hour every night. I would rather believe that he really acknowledged his mistakes and tried to right his wrongdoings. Call me naive but I think that when people are near the end of their lives, they just want to do good things for the world and things that really matter are not power, money or fame.

Anyway, good or bad Tun M is, I think people are just sick of the current economy and corrupted government, they just want a change no matter what. Just like me, I don't care what manifesto both the parties promised, heck I even lazy to read their manifestos, I just wan to change, we cannot let a party to rule so long, they can become lazy, they can become arrogant, they will think they're invincible. We, the Rakyat must show them who is the boss!

Haha I felt quite pressed that as a government servant we are not allowed to share anything related to certain party in social media. Although I don't really think the government would take action against small little character like me, but I also don't dare to take the risk because I still wan to be absorbed into the government sector permanently. However, near the voting day I just shared posts that urge people to vote, and on the voting day itself I didn't care already coz I think nobody is free to catch any civil servant on such important day!

So on the very day itself! A little bit of nervous coz it's my first time voting! We weren't sure what time to go at first but eventually we decided to go early because some said if you go late your vote might be taken by phantom voters lol. I also afraid that if I go late and the queue is too long, the time to vote might end before my turn. So me and my sis arrived at my high school Chung Hwa around 8.30AM. Yep me and my sis got the same place for voting, while my dad in Batu Belah and my mum in Khe Beng.


By the time we reach Chung Hwa, the cars already parked until quite far from the school. We had to walk around 5 minutes to reach to the school.




The queue was already very long! Haha longest queue I've taken in my life. It's U-shaped! We'd queued for around 2 hours outside Chung Hwa (and sometimes under the sunlight) before we were allowed to enter the entrance gate. Nevertheless, it doesn't seem to stop anyone from voting! Hmph, SPR, even though you chose a Wednesday (weekday never mind, somemore you must choose the middle of the week) as voting day, the Rakyat still won!



And OMG my immune system has always been overactive so I don't usually get sick, maybe just once or twice a year. But damn my immune system chose this time of the year to fail on me :( It's the most serious cold I got in these recent years,lost my voice with very very horrible sore throat, throat sometimes itch until I wanna cough until vomit. But still, it didn't stop me from voting for a change!


Everyone was patient enough to wait, although some may complain and all... This is the Power of Rakyat!

And after queuing for another 2 hours at the "Saluran", finally....



Hahaha, this finger picture is all over the Facebook on the voting day.


So, I've done my part... No matter what's the result, the 4 hours queue was worth it. No matter what... At least I tried. At least I did something other than complaining about our government.


At night, everyone was waiting for the result in front of television.


OMG BN was leading.............. But no worries, it's because the Sarawak seats were the first that finish counting the votes. 

Tick tock tick tock tick tock...

We waited and waited and waited.... still BN leading... Not until 2AM only we started to see PH leading..!!! But I couldn't wait any longer... I had to sleep... coz we can't confirm the next day will be a public holiday and I only have 3 more hours to sleep if I really have to drive back to KKB at 5AM.

But boy sleep also hard because of my itching throat T.T

And at 3AM ++ My mum woke me to say... We won... Tomorrow is holiday... I said ok... And felt nothing for a while... Then I decided to go back to sleep but couldn't because I started coughing non-stop. So I went downstairs and just decided to sleep in the living room because I was sharing bedroom with sis. I can't help but to check my Facebook and I smiled :) Good news were what I saw.

PH won 121 seats while BN only 79 seats!

Then I went back to sleep lol.

Next day is a crucial 24 hours too. Coz as long as Tun M haven't swear in as the prime minister, the new government will not be formed. We waited for whole day and finally we witness the ceremony on the TV at 10PM!

Yeah!

Finally, INI KALILAH! For the first time in 60+ years after we merdeka from the British, we have a different government from BN! Yeahhhh the CHANGE we've waited for years!

Anyhow, I hope this new government can really make our nation a better place :) 



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. yalor this GE is so damn emotional right?
    hows your cough? hope you are getting better take care and stay hydrated k :)

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...