Working life (while waiting for hospital posting)

11:41 PM

Hello!


It's been 2 months plus since I last written a blog post! Not that I didn't have the time to blog, I just felt lazy I guess.


So, I finally decided to write because I guess blogging is one of the ways I keep in touch with my friend. In fact, I think my only reader is her lolol. So, in response to her requests (and also I think it's nice to read back my old posts when I'm older haha), I'm writing this post. Although I have a lot of random things to write about in my mind, I decided to make this post about the changes I went through after working. I think I'm just gonna touch a bit of each in this post. It's not possible to go deeply into each topic because there is just too much! Who told me to abandon my blog for so long haha.


After a few months of working, I'm starting to adapt to the working place and becoming closer to my colleagues. I have no more problem with that colleague who I feared when I just started working. I think I'm just 慢热 like usual haha. I think my working life is quite easy to adapt because:

1) The place is just 15-25 minutes away from my house so I don't have to endure through torturous traffic and sleep-deprived driving.

2) My boss is really nice and easygoing. I never see her scolding people at all. If we do something wrong, she either teaches us or fine us hahaha. So less negative energy in our working place!

3) My colleagues are nice enough except one person who is kinda spoilt which I still can accept. No rude and bossy colleagues.



I'm very grateful, really. At first, I felt dissatisfied because my base salary was low compared to my uni friends who also work in pharmacy. But after I talked about it with my boss, she raised my salary. I didn't really request for a raise. I just told her my dad wanted me to go work in Singapore, and that I would probably work for a year because she thought I would only work a few months. So, now I'm happy with my salary.



Not that I think my salary is good enough, but at least its the amount I deserve as a sales assistant. Of course, I hope I can earn more money as fast as possible, but I think the way to earn money fast is not by working. By investing, maybe? I'm not sure whether I'm suitable to be an investor as I'm still halfway reading Rich Dad's Cash Flow Quadrant. Do I want a life where I spend what I earn from my job and just be content with it? Or a life where I learn how to make big investments and ultimately reach financial freedom and don't need to be so calculative with money anymore?



For the sake of money, I even joined a direct selling company under the influence of my boss. She's now very active in her direct selling business until the point that some colleagues dislike this behaviour of her. They think that she kind of neglected the pharmacy business and sometimes we as her staffs have to bear the consequences like getting rushed by suppliers or scoldings from customers. I was hesitant at first, but eventually I joined this direct selling because I thought my boss provide a platform (the pharmacy) for me to sell the products (health and beauty products), and one of my colleague willing to share the account with me (so I wouldn't have to invest that much money on the products), so why not? I would never know if I can do it if I never try right.



Well, it's been nearly a month since I started my direct selling business, and I only managed to sell one product (with the help of one colleague) =.= I think it's because I'm reluctant to take the initiative to promote. It's even worse than before I joined direct selling. Before I joined, I was quite positive about the products and managed to sell a few products for my boss. After I joined, I feel I'm more skeptical about the products =.= Some more the products of this company are quite costly so I feel its only right to promote to rich customers. As time goes, I feel like to run a pharmacy you have to be business-minded and sort of unethical as in you promote things that are not really necessary to customers. I don't exactly know why I couldn't sell the products whereas my partner (a Cambodian) already earned back her modal. I have more knowledge about the products than her after all although she's undoubtedly more aggressive than me.



I often ask myself am I just afraid of rejection and take that I don't like to hard sell as an excuse? I keep telling myself "Don't be afraid of rejection, just promote! It wouldn't do any harm!" Sometimes I promote and customers didn't buy it and I just forget about it. Sometimes I just wouldn't open my mouth to promote, even though my colleague encourages me to promote beside me. I don't know... maybe I think it's not necessary for the customer... Maybe I myself don't like to be approached by salespeople.



Then recently, my boss brought up a competition of selling fish oil. The group who loses will have to treat the winning group two meals. When I first heard of the competition I thought "Oh god, need to force myself to promote again." I felt stress... Before I sleep I think about it, the first thing that came into my mind when I woke up in the morning is also about this. Seriously, I know we should embrace challenges like this but I think I really don't like to do this.



Work aside, I don't know when I will get my hospital posting. I'm not really looking forward to it either, except for the salary. In fact, I never think I have passion in being a pharmacist. I just wanted money. One of the reason I work in a pharmacy is to get some pharmacy-related experience so that I can do my job better in the future. But now I'm not really sure I can become a competent pharmacist. Well, when I am able to help to solve customers' problems of course I feel happy. But when I'm not able to help then I'll feel useless =.= Sometimes I think I feel happy not because I helped people, but because I found out that I'm useful lol.




Okay I kinda feel demotivated now after writing so I'm gonna stop here. I hope my post wouldn't be too messy... coz my mind is really messy right now. That's why I didn't feel like writing because I didn't know how to start and how to end lol.


OK bye.







You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. OMG!! u didnt even tell me u joined a direct selling firm!! ishh ishh
    hmm.. i think i know a little about your feeling regarding selling unnecessary stuffs
    last time when i was working at bank, due to sales target, v nid to push even though it might not be d best to fit wat d cust wants..
    tats y i quit bcz i feel like i cant really really help them with wat they really need
    tats y im studying d course now n acquire knowledge frm A-Z in hope tat i can really b of help for d ppl around me :)

    come come.. let's ganbatte together !! ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aiya I joined the company but I didn't really put effort into it also haha... I still cant promote to customers aggressively... And I don't think I wan to be very successful in direct selling because u have to work like slave also, even more so when u reach higher level. Also, I don't like the nature of it.

      Yup, although i'm not very interested in pharmacy, I began wanting to increase my knowledge about health so that I could help ppl after working in pharmacy. I guess the meaning of life is to feel useful to the world ba haha.

      ya jiayou lah!

      Delete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...