Graduation Day

8:27 PM






Yes! Today is the long-awaited Convocation!

Actually I don't have anything interesting to write about... So I'll just mostly spam pictures ya... Although I didn't take that many pictures also lol.

Recently I've been EMO and demotivated so I guess it somehow affected my mood during this big day. I didn't really anticipate this day though cause I was demotivated ma I just felt that seeing those Dean's List students will just demotivate me more. On top of that, my parents also weren't so excited about my graduation, or maybe they just don't show it. Gosh... this is supposed to be a day I'm proud of myself but why liddis?!

Anyway, I did feel a bit touched during the conferment. My eyes teared up a bit probably because of the "grandness" of the ceremony and the traditional Malay music played by real musicians. And I managed to convince myself that I deserve a pat on the back because I survived through four years of Pharmacy course!

Hmm.. I notice I'm rambling.... Let's start from my planning before the Convocation.

I googled a few times about what type of dress and what type of hairstyles to wear for my graduation but end up didn't buy a suitable dress and didn't make any hairstyle. I'm not sure whether it's because I was demotivated or I was just plain lazy. So I just wore a normal formal blouse with a skirt and a pair of old flats. So I didn't prepare much for this big day actually. I didn't even mention to my parents about flowers and photos so I didn't know for sure whether I would get a bouquet until this day itself! Well, didn't get my graduation and family portrait taken though coz it's not cheap and we don't hang pictures in my house anyway.

Only my parents attended my graduation ceremony because second sis studying at Kampar and youngest sis didn't want to watch live telecast of the ceremony alone lol. I'm a bit worried that my parents would get bored and yeah it turned out to be very boring to them. Now I know graduation day is not as happy and cheery as it seems in pictures! Waiting to take batch graduation photo... waiting to enter the Auditorium... waiting for my turn to receive certificate... finding friends that were scattered throughout the campus for photo taking... All so tiring and time-consuming! Reached there at 8.30 AM and left there around 2 PM. My parents had to follow me around when I was taking photos also... Paiseh lah but it's my big day!

Taking pictures is not my habit but I managed to take with most if not all of my close friends in university. I took the effort to find friends because I think this is the last chance I have to take photos with them seeing that I rarely take photos during this 4 years of university life. However, all of the pictures taken with other people's cameras coz I only have a lousy digital camera so I'll have to wait for them to send me.

K now I'll start spamming some pictures I taken myself.

A sleek Convocation booklet given to guests when they register.

Graduation folder we received from the hand of Pro-Chancellor (Inside was empty! Had to collect cert and academic transcript from a booth after the ceremony)
Inserted my certificate into the folder! 
The certificate that costed RM150k and 4 years!

While we're walking into campus, when we passed by the flower sellers at the road side, I asked my mum: " Wan buy me flowers?" Hahaha then I said I wanted sunflowers and recommended her to buy from IMU chariofare coz can do charity at the same time. But there were not much choice left and I got a bouquet of withering sunflowers =.= Maybe the bouquets sold by IMU chariofare were more expensive than the ones they sold outside also. Sien loh lol. Anyway happy to get flower ^^


Received my bouquet right after the ceremony! My first bouquet in my life ^^ Mum bought an extra Graduation Minnie lol


A photo with my beloved parents ^^

Yearbook I bought with RM50 was a disappointment. The printing quality is so bad (worse than the free photobook from Groupon). The resolution of the pictures is so low. I was hesitant to buy it but it's always nostalgic to flip yearbooks :) and I don't want the efforts that my fellow batchmates put in making this yearbook go wasted, so I bought it.


Congratulations to myself! BTW why pharmacy's symbolic colour is dark green? One of the colours I don't like =.= It's Slytherin's  colour in Hogwarts xD


Photos with my friends will be uploaded later after I get them xD







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...