My Tao Bao (淘宝) Shopping Experience Through Askmebuy.com

10:08 AM




Hellooooo.




I'm gonna blog about my 淘宝 shopping experience through this agent called "Askmebuy.com" for my future reference as well as for others who are interested.

Buying through an agent is very easy! The service was good (of course lah they charge 8% service fee)! From answering queries and handling special request to top up money and packing, they did it very fast! I never waited more than one day for a single process.


Actually my dad was the one who wanted to buy a dish sterilizer from Tao Bao. His friend recommended this website and said that there will be 50% discount on the service charge during November. I just tagged along because my hand itchy needed to buy stuff xD 

Anyway, the service was still good despite the discount on service charge. The only thing I'm not really satisfied in this shopping experience is the local courier service. I'm not sure what's holding my shipment for two days after it reached Subang. It took 9 days for my parcel to travel from the agent's China warehouse to my house! I waited until I felt a little inpatient! The expected duration stated on the website was 3-5 days only!

Another thing was the shipment fee. Although they did mention on their website that if the fee calculated based on dimension of the parcel turns out to be higher than the fee calculated by weight, the higher amount will be charged. I just felt like in the end, the prices of the things I bought are almost similar to buying in Malaysia, after including the shipment fees :/ What to do... I can only know the dimension of the parcel after I actually order the stuffs and they arrive at the warehouse... Well, at least I don't have to spend time to search for these things in Malaysia.





OK these are the things I bought.


I decided to buy some decoration to place in my car's dashboard. You know... to live my spirit up when I go to work every morning lol. I came across this little Baymax on Tao Bao and I bought it because I think it's very cute! Besides, it's black and white so it's quite suitable to be placed in the old Mercedes. And Baymax is also related to my profession in the sense that Baymax is a healthcare companion :) It's head will shake when the car moves!

RMB 19.60



It came with a box. Quite good looking but it's a bit out of shape due to mishandling. I think it's damaged during the delivery from seller to China warehouse.






It also came with free gifts. An anti-slip pad and perfume. Though the perfume I requested the agent to throw away because I didn't want to use the sensitive shipment (which costs another RMB 30). Anyway I planned to buy a perfume with the scent I really like that can boost up my mood! And yeah, you can inject perfume into the base of the Baymax!






I didn't know the base is translucent until I got it. It's glass. However, there's some minor scratches on the base which is an acceptable imperfection. And the alphabet "O" was not well printedl :/ There's also a bit of black (dirt?) on the white body of Baymax though it's not obvious.









I've also bought some socks because my old socks are too thin and worn to carry out their function. They cost RM4 a pair on average. The quality is good and they're as cute as in pictures!







I bought these so-called bamboo fibre socks that have excellent absorbent properties and can prevent smelly feet! I know we can find this in Malaysia but I'm lazy to try to search for cute looking and cheap ones in Malaysia. I bought five different colours for free delivery.

* Update: After wearing it for a day, the fibre seemed to come out due to friction. Now the socks becomes furry. Not sure whether these socks can last long :/ Maybe they could... but will look like furry socks...


RMB 5.20 each




Then, I also bought some invisible socks for flats because it's quite hard to get cheap decent ones in Malaysia. These socks' quality kind of surprised me because they're quite thick and they have jelly pad that protects the heel from friction. They're also claimed to be made of bamboo fibre.

* Update: Same as above. The socks becomes furry. Is it because of the nature of bamboo fibre? Note: They came from different sellers, of which both have good reputation.

RMB 19.90 /5 pairs


They came in a cute paper package :)







Besides that I also bought some cute socks purely for fun. Again, I bought 5 pairs for the free delivery. I also bought a pair of oxford shoes to match these socks lol, which I will show later. I want to try to wear more fun socks but I'm not sure whether I really dare to wear them lol. Their packaging are so cute!


These are some lolita-looking socks with lace. I regretted that I bought the brown ones because it looks too old-fashioned when I wear it in real life. Should have bought the maroon one :/ These are also claimed to be made from bamboo fibre.

RMB 5.80 each








This is actually a pair of knitted 堆堆袜 whereby the top part will be wrinkled to make the socks become short, just like how the Japanese girls wear it. It has a 文艺 feel lol. I actually wanted the pink colour ones but they're out of stock :/ These blue ones look a bit dull in real life but nevertheless still cute.

RMB 6.90








I also bought a pair of cute animal theme one. Haha this pair does look like children socks.

* Update: After wearing them for a whole day at work, there's some fibre came out at the parts where most friction occurs. I guess it's normal for most socks because my mother said so too (I don't now because this is the first time I actually bought my own socks and examined the quality of the socks lol). Nevertheless, I like these socks because it's really cute when I'm wearing them! The colour matches my running shoes well too!

RMB 5.80








Another 堆堆袜... Bought a pair of black ones because black easier to match with clothes.


RMB 5.20





OK here are the shoes that I've mentioned.


I've always wanted a pair of oxford shoes. I was choosing between this pair and another pair of oxford shoes. In the end I chose this because I wanted a more classical look. But erm now I think another one is nicer because the design is more modern and the brown is darker which looks nicer.
I guess I will have to wear clothes that are modern looking when wearing these oxford shoes so that I wouldn't look old-fashioned.



RMB 69.00




I've bought two pairs of shoes. They came in cute-looking shoe boxes. However, one of the boxes is already damaged as shown in the picture. I don't know it during which delivery process it happened :/






Shoes are individually packed in a cotton/paper bag.






Anyway the quality looks good. The material is a bit too hard though, both the base and the body.







The base is very thick.





* Update: I wore them to work and my colleagues said it looked so manly because I wore it with T-shirt and jeans. Like I'm going to horse-riding lol. It's quite comfortable to walk in it, not as hard as expected. However, after wearing for half-a-day, my pinky toes felt sore. But anyway, this happens with a lot of my other shoes.







Another pair of shoes that I bought. I've seen similar shoes somewhere in the internet and I've wanted it since then. I remember it costs RM90 something in a Malaysia's website. So I tried to find it in Tao Bao and I'm blessed that I finally found it!

I think it's kind of popular in Korea (maybe some time ago)?  It looks so simple but I think it looks cool and fashionable. Besides, it looks comfortable and easy to match any clothes! The base is also thick so I can increase my height :P


RMB 78.00





There's many sellers on Tao Bao selling similar shoes like this but with different prices. I figured I should choose one that's not too cheap because I think their quality will be different.


This one that I bought didn't disappoint me. The shoes are exactly like the pictures. The shape is nice unlike the cheap ones. The base is very anti-slip. There are soft cushions at the back of the heel so it makes walking in it more comfortable. I just hope the shoes can last for a long time especially the PU leather.


* Update: Wore it for whole day to MidValley. Nice to walk in. The front part where the toes lie is very hard which makes me feel my toes are restricted. And my toes felt a bit pain but still bearable. And yeah looks very nice on my feet xD and matches well with my clothes.





Oh, the seller of the shoes also gave free gifts which are something to protect the back of the heel from friction and Lavender fragrance pack.






BTW, just after I paid for the stuff in this website, I discovered that nowadays Malaysians could buy directly from Tao Bao without the need of an agent! I think the shipment fee is even cheaper than through an agent. I haven't really check it out though coz I already bought my stuff. I only knew about it through this video:



But never mind... I wouldn't have time to research about this new method anyway... I was rushing to complete my order before the Double Eleven Festival so that I wouldn't have to wait for my stuff too long because of the enormous amount of sales in China on the Double 11 day itself!


Oh ya BTW, because the dish sterilizer that my dad bought is quite heavy (~10 KG), the agent suggested to use sea small parcel shipment because it's cheaper that way. So, have to wait 25-30 days for it :/

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...