Lavish Spa - My virgin spa experience.

9:19 PM

Once upon a time, I felt like a slave at work and I strongly thought that I should apply leave on a day that I preferred regardless of whether it's a busy day... to do something for myself! And there you go... I extended my Chinese New Year holiday (one day only xD) to have a spa date with my besties :)

I think I suggested it just 1 or 2 weeks before CNY and they said 初六 was okay! So, we went on 13th February - just a day before Valentine's so I guess we can think it as a Valentine's date since we are all single wtf.

YT first mentioned about Lavish Spa during our X'mas date, and I thought when will be a better time to go if not during CNY break? So yeah... I didn't do any research about it by then and just decided to go lol. Anyway, me being me... I still checked out some reviews online on the day before we go. Then I discovered Lavish Spa has a competitor - Ossoto Spa which apparently has operated longer than Lavish and is voted more worthy of the money spent (though the total votes were just 15 lol). I even read some really bad reviews that said the staffs in Lavish were not friendly and the place was very crowded so customers had to wait very long for certain facilities. That being said, the bad reviews were mostly written during the time when Lavish first opened. So, I just hope that Lavish has improved and I tried to lower my expectation! However, my plan B was Ossoto if Lavish happen to be full that day.


Lavish Spa is located in the 5th floor of Fahrenheit88 so HL and I took LRT from Kelana Jaya station to Bukit Bintang station to meet YT there. At first we took the wrong lift and it couldn't reach the 5th floor. Then we came back down to ground floor and found our way to a rather "secluded" lift that could bring us to Lavish Spa.




THE RECEPTION
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]



My first impression of the entrance - kind of like a small hotel (the kind that is built among shops). Well, it is actually a spa set up in a condominium. I like their carpet. The flower pattern is so pretty! The receptionist was polite and friendly (and quite handsome, mind you) but can hear that he is not Malaysian (I'm guessing so because his English is not good). Checking-in just took us less than 5 minutes. We just needed to fill up a simple form and got our bracelets and we were ready to change into our spa robes! BTW we must always wear our spa robes when we are in the spa area. We only knew this when we were having our dinner wearing our own clothing.


LADIES' CHANGING ROOM
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]



When we entered the changing room I could smell a really strong chlorine smell. Even the scented candle/oil that they placed at the entrance could not cover or reduce the smell at all. Totally a minus for their facility. But good thing was their service was quite good. Inside the room there is always a staff on duty. It's rather troublesome to open our lockers because it needed the owner's bracelet and the staff's bracelet to open. But it's not a problem since there weren't many people that day and the staffs take turns to serve inside the changing room. So we could ask the staff to open locker for us anytime. We kept all our things inside our lockers except smartphones and camera. We changed into the spa robes that the staff gave us and we were ready to leave the freaking smelly room to chillax like time didn't exist!




LAVISH CAFE
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]



LAVISH CAFE
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]



First we went to Lavish Cafe to have our lunch as I was famished! Phew! When I saw that the cafe was quiet I felt so relieved because I feared that it would be crowded seeing that we went on a weekend. If it's crowded it wouldn't be a relaxing experience now, would it? So yeah my mood instantly LEVEL UP! We chose a table with pool view and yay there were only a few people in the pool area! There weren't many choices on the menu but sufficient for a "non-foodie" like me. We can order anything and as many as we want!! But bear in mind that fresh fruit juice will cost you RM3 per glass. I ordered Tom Yum Bee Hoon which I thought to be fried bee hoon but turned out as bee hoon soup. Anyway I ordered it because many reviews recommended it and true enough the taste was up to standard but too spicy for me hehe. HL ordered Tom Yum Fried Rice and YT ordered Carbonara. We had a nice catch-up session during our lunch :)



RESTING AREA
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]


After lunch, we requested the foot reflexology service. We hesitated between shoulder massage and foot massage. In the end we all got 30-minute foot massage because I think it's the most suitable for me since I stand and walk so much at work. We were told to wait in the resting room while waiting for the masseuse and massuer who are from China. I thought they would be from Thailand hehe. It reminded me of the time I got my first ever foot massage during my China trip.

The resting room was dimmed and cozy. We lied down on the big recliners and let the masseuse and massuer do their job! We could use the computers provided when we were having massage but I didn't because I didn't know what to do with computer lol. Besides, I should just totally relax and enjoy the massage right... The massage was okay. Just like the one I had in China last time I think. At some point I felt really enjoyed that I wanted to doze off but I'm not that kind of person that can sleep when someone is touching me hahaha (a guy some more). BTW my legs didn't feel refreshed after the massage haha. But now I think I should have gotten the shoulder massage because foot massage we can easily do ourselves but shoulder massage is quite hard hahaha.

Anyway, I was a bit shocked when at the end of the massage they asked us to write how much tips we gonna give them for the service. I stupidly thought the tips were to be given on the spot so I told the massuer I didn't bring any money with me lol and I think he's like wtf? hahaha then I also suddenly became clever and asked him do we pay the tips together when we check out and he said yes lol. He said it's up to us whether we want to give or not and of course I gave because I 爱面子 mah! Wah it was my FIRST TIME giving tips so I didn't know how much to give! I anyhow wrote RM 5 because I think less than 5 also can't buy a plate of chicken rice so... lol only after they all left, HL said RM 5 is quite high considering our salary only RM6 per hour~~~ They only served us half-an-hour leh~~~ Ish, anyway it's a one-time business only lah!




JACUZZI
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]
SAUNA
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]
WASHING AREA
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]
STEAM ROOM
(that wasn't open that day)
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]


After the massage, we went to the ladies' spa which consists of a jacuzzi, a sauna and a steam room. Too bad the steam room wasn't available that day due to unknown reason :( Oh BTW we were also given disposable underwears when in the changing room. I think we're supposed to wear only the underwears when using the jacuzzi. There were 5-6 changing rooms and shower rooms in the spa which I think would be insufficient if there are many people. After taking out our spa robe with only underwears covering only our boobs and private parts, we dipped into the jacuzzi! The jacuzzi was smaller than expected coz the picture shown in their FB was shot in an angle that made the jacuzzi seemed bigger. The water was 40 degree Celsius which was very comfortable and relaxing and the turbo was sufficiently strong as mentioned in the reviews. We spent around 10-15 minutes inside and then we came up because we cannot tahan the heat lol. We rested a while on the chairs provided in the washing area and then we went into the sauna room. WTF I think this was the first time I used a sauna and it was freaking hot! Actually I don't understand why people like sauna because I don't like extreme heat and I didn't feel relaxing after sauna actually. Yeah I like hot showers but sauna is just a totally different feeling. I felt a bit dizzy after the sauna and keep drinking the cold water that was provided lol. I think maybe it's because I'm old already. We had a express shower and blew dry our hair before we left the spa.


We headed to the Lavish Cafe again for some snacks because we were starving again after all the sweats came out from our bodies. We ordered french fries, fried wedges, spring rolls, chicken wings and nuggets, and drinks. The snacks were okay only... there was an oily taste which was not to my liking.



GYM
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]

GYM
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]


We went to the gym after that to work out our muscles play with the equipments. You know... we paid for this so must touch everything lol.


SWIMMING POOL
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]

SWIMMING POOL
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]



After our rather short gym session, we hit the pool! YT said the pool was too small for her so she didn't really swim but for me I was just moving and stretching my limbs around in the water lol. I think it's good that the pool is surrounded by condominiums so the sunlight is blocked at anytime of the day. We had some chat about our jobs and future which I had learned some things from. But I felt so exhausted and like hard to breathe due to the water pressure I guess? Oh gosh I really am old already!

I lost track of time when we were at the pool. I didn't know how long we spent at the pool but we left when HL felt very cold. We went to the ladies' spa to take a shower. It's quite convenient coz they provided almost everything that you need including shampoo, conditioner, bath gel, facial cleanser, toner, deodorant, facial cottons, lotion, contact lens solution, make-up remover, hair dryer, etc. And one thing I really liked was their handheld shower head's pressure was really strong! After shower we changed into our own clothes because we thought we would check out after dinner.



LAVISH BAR
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]


While waiting for HL (she really took a long shower while me and YT simply shower only), me and YT sat at the Lavish Bar. The waiter handed us menus so we just ordered tea lorh! YT ordered Earl Grey and I ordered chamomile tea just to compare with the one I have at home lol. Then HL came and she also ordered a cup of hot ice lemon tea. After that, we headed to the cafe for dinner. YT ordered something with rice I forgot lol, HL ordered chicken chop rice and I ordered lamb chop because it seemed to be the most expensive dish on the menu lol. HL and I also ordered pumpkin soup. My lamb chop was nice. The portion was a bit small but it was perfect for a small-eater like me lol. The pumpkin soup actually quite nice but after I was full I found it hard to swallow it lol. HL didn't touch the pumpkin soup again after she tasted one time because it wasn't what she expected lol. YT ordered a Yuan Yang soup because she wasn't full and because we couldn't leave also due to the heavy rain.


CINEMA
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]
CINEMA
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]
CINEMA
[Source: Lavish Spa FB]


After we finish our dinner, we went to have a look at their small cinema. I was kinda hoping to watch a movie there but YT and HL were not interested :/ Oh well, I hope next time (if there is a next time) I visit I could stay overnight and watch movie in the cinema until I fall asleep because look at the seats! They are too comfortable! I did lay down on the recliner a while when HL was snapping pictures. The cinema was dark and quiet, the sound was not too loud, the temperature was not too cold and there were little blankets too. Soooo nice I wish my future home will have these!

Since the rain was still quite heavy, we waited at the bar for a while before we check out. Check-out was a breeze also as we just had to pay our bills.


We walked to Pavillion to get to Standard Chartered Tower where YT parked her car. Unfortunately the rain became heavy again so we were stucked in Pavilion. It's okay this meant we had more time to chat. After we finally got to YT's car, she sent us to KL Sentral and we took LRT back home.

Hmm in general I think the visit to Lavish Spa was worth the money. The entrance fee was RM 78 and the foot reflexology was RM 58. After adding the tips and GST, we paid RM 143.20  each. BTW there was a minimum spending of RM 118 because we went on a weekend. In the end I decided not to get a manicure because I wanted to save money (OMG I'm really kiamsiap). We had quite some fun and it was quite relaxing so this visit was worth it. We can even stay overnight there and I think it's better than staying in hotel lol. But one thing though, we must visit on a day when there will not be too many visitors because if its crowded it definitely would not be a relaxing experience and would waste a lot of time also.


Oh well, Lavish Spa is generally a place worth visiting! I would consider visiting it again with my family!




You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. VIRGIN spa experience! I like your title!! haha
    eh, you write until so good I also lazy to write liao lar XD

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...