What I Like About MIUI 7

2:27 AM

Also check out: How I Got My Redmi Note 3
                          What I Like About Redmi Note 3


I don't really know how iOS and the latest version of android OS are because I've only owned a Samsung Galaxy SII with Android Gingerbread 2.3 =.= so I can't really compare. But I really feel that MIUI is very user-friendly and very customised! It is said that it has iPhone's looks, maybe that's why I like its design so much lol. But MIUI wins iPhone at the part that its theme, homescreen, docks and many other things are customisable!

They said that MIUI's stock apps use less memory and thus it's faster and can prolong battery life.

See the battery can last 2 days ++ It's true!


I'll just attach some screenshots while pointing out some features that I like about MIUI 7.


Home screen with my chosen theme. Looks pretty much like iPhone coz there's no app drawer.



There are plenty of free high quality themes available for download in the Mi theme market.
These are the pre-instaled themes except the LUMIOS.

I chose one with a simple and cool lock screen!


The pin number screen. Hardly use this because fingerprint is much faster!


The notification page

You can customise how every app shows their notifications.


Although I still haven't really get the usefulness of this notification light but it's pretty cool to see the LED light blinking in different colours.
Toggle page



Toggle positions are customisable.

There’s a read mode that can reduce glare and protect your eyes! Good for me as I always read in the dark!

Theres a Do Not Disturb mode and Guest mode which are very useful.

Guest mode can prevent other people from seeing ur photos, messages, files and calls when you lend your phone to others. Not that I need it lol I don’t really mind if people see my stuffs coz I have no secrets hahaha. You can lock certain apps to prevent other people from opening the apps too.


Do Not Disturb mode is very helpful to some people I think!


Can choose to block what type of interruptions.

Can choose which contact you want to ignore and which you deem as important.


If you really worried that you might miss an urgent call, there's an option where the phone will ring when there's a call from same number within 3 minutes.

Can set the DND mode to repeat say, every night during your sleeping time. If you have Mi Band, it can even turn on the DND mode when the Mi Band detects that you are asleep.


Comes with SwiftKey Keyboard which I've been using in my Samsung Galaxy SII. It's the best keyboard I've used so far. It has a really good prediction of my typing!


I like the round volume indicator so cute!

Even have colour gradient with this theme I'm using!


When headphone is plugged, I'm able to use the equalizer and Mi Sound Enhancer. Mi Sound Enhancer is amazing! It makes the music quality so much better! I don't really see how equalizer works though.



Can choose according to the type of your headphone. I tried every one of them with my Mi In-ear headphone. Every setting has different sound experience!


I don't even need to use this lol. The Redmi Note 3 is light and comfortable to hold.
   


I like that after I turn on the alarm, it will show the time left before the alarm rings (not just for a second). It gives me a sense of security that I have set the alarm correctly lol.

Can set the alarm volume to increase gradually so that you won't jump up from sleep. When it's your birthday you will get a Mi's special birthday song automatically as your wake up call too! How sweet!




The calendar design is minimalistic and cute.


This is the email interface. Just press the button on the top right corner and I can set a reminder in the calendar to remind me about this email later. So nice! I will never forget about important emails anymore!


Inbox

Just one press and you can see all the attachments in a list. This makes it easier to find files.


Can even see the subfolders which is impossible with my Android Gingerbread lol.

Can unquote the previous emails.

Easily add bullet points.

Easily change font colour.

Easily change font size.

I like the calculator design but I don't like that I couldn't check back the history. 

Notes

Can make check lists!

Can attach pictures!

Haha looks totally like iPhone.


Can record calls yo! Think about spies and lawsuits lol.

Never forget about missed calls!

Mute first ring is quite suitable for those introverts like me (although I don't use it lol) who don't like answering unknown calls.

Browser


There's night mode! I cannot emphasize more how important is this for me! I always surf the net in the dark before I sleep and always have sore eyes. I often read until I cannot tahan the pain then only I go to sleep lol. This night mode will definitely makes my eyes more comfortable when reading at night.



I also read e-books sometimes and this pre-installed WPS office app is a very nice app for reading!

Can change to mobile view!

And night mode too!

Can adjust the font size and line spacing to your comfort.




Can jump between chapters easily.


Comes with cleaner, antivirus and battery saver app so I don't need to download third party apps!


Music player looks minimalistic!

Playlist

For those people who like to listen music before they sleep, sleep timer sure comes in handy!

File explorer



Hidden files let you hide your dirty little secrets xD

These pictures are self-explainable. I don't really need this feature though.





Mi team is very active in fixing bugs! They have updates every Friday!


OK that's all! Haha this post really is filled with more pictures than words. Well, in a nut shell, I like MIUI's minimalistic design and user-friendly interface!

This is my first time buying a phone with my hard-earned money and I think I got a very good deal :)
I have no regrets in buying this phone and will continue support Mi's products! Its worth every penny that I spent! 


You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. what is app drawer?
    the earphone thing macam very cool neh.. one earphone but can experience different sound quality as if wearing different earphones?
    the time left thingy for alarm my sony oso has haha
    i want the call recording function !!
    wah d reading app really can customize alot of things !!
    feel different when buying things with own hard-earned money rite? haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. App drawer is an icon where u keep all your apps lo... like iphone every app will be kept in home screen becoz doesn't have app drawer.

      i dun exactly know how am i supposed to use the earphone setting.. maybe like u said can experience diff sound quality, or maybe u have to select the setting specially for your type of headphone...i dont know haha

      u wan the call recording for what???? erhm...

      erm i din really feel much diff from when i bought using dad's money tho.. maybe when i buy car or house only I will feel different haha.. or... maybe when i earn money not by working for other ppl... but by business or investment ;)

      Delete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...