Gabai Waterfalls

1:55 AM


OK... I just thought I should blog about this day coz I did a lot of things for the first time today! :D


So... At first, my colleague, ST really wanted to go Sunway Lagoon but I said it's too expensive because there's no ongoing promotion now. And then another colleague, N also couldn't afford the ticket so no way we're going Sunway Lagoon. Then, I don't know who's the one suggested to go waterfalls. Even though I didn't feel like going anywhere at that moment (just wanna spend my off-day doing my own stuffs), I said yes without thinking because I didn't want my colleagues to think that I don't wanna go out with them. Well, waterfalls are free anyway so it's alright.

So we just planned everything yesterday during work lol. At first, ST offered to drive but yesterday she said she have to change her tyre rim or something and asked if I could drive. Before this, I already felt a little worried of our road safety because erhm her car is Proton and I don't know how's her driving skill. So of course I just agreed lah... Not that my driving skills are good lol. But it's undeniable that my dad's old Mercedes is safer and well... I just wanna test my driving skills on totally unfamiliar roads xD. So, after work, ST and N went to Giant to buy ingredients for the cooking, and I went home like a boss... lol aiya if I go also won't be useful lah.

This morning, I waited for them at home until around 10.30AM and we departed. Woooo first time driving following GPS... Quite excited... I don't think I felt nervous at all.. Driving on highways is not first time for me because I drove to my university many times during the last semester. But we have to go through the kampung roads... And the hill roads... OK I know it's nothing compared to the roads to Cameron Highlands but it's still really narrow with many curves and sharp bends. The roads were quite dangerous really. Luckily we reached Gabai Falls safely after driving through the small roads of Kampung Ulu Langat. Heck... The road into Gabai Falls was ONE-WAY and I had to reverse my car because there were cars coming from the opposite direction. Hahaha driving Mercedes here wasn't a good idea at that moment because of its size =.= Well, I parked my car at the roadside (the one-way road) and really scared someone scratched the side of my car lol.


We climbed the stairs to the second cascades because the lowest one was too crowded with kids. Haih coz we came on a public holiday. Climbing the stairs was very energy draining. Actually I was still fine but my colleagues already lost their breaths so we had to rest two times before we finally reached the second cascades.

Resting

333 steps they said.
The second cascades





Lol almost the same amount of people but with less annoying kids lol. IMO, the second cascades was perhaps the best because there's a slide there! I'll attach a video on the slide later ;)

We had our lunch before we went into the water because we were starving. N cooked rice with chicken, sambal ikan bilis and fried kuih with ikan bilis? The food was quite nice... We all brought cups but forgot to bring/buy drinks LOL. And we actually didn't bring any plate LOL.

OMG even when I first stepped my foot in Gabai Falls I was already greeted with the smell of smoke. BBQ smoke zzzz. There were many families having BBQ party there... Totally spoiled the clean air of the forest. At one time when we were in the shelter hiding from rain, my eyes were irritated by the BBQ smoke and I had to go out for fresh air. Wherever humans go, the place will be ruined zzz.

It's my first time visiting waterfalls without my family. It's quite a fun day. N was very funny as usual, doing nonsensical things, teasing kids... and us lol. We wanted to play the slide but there were a big group of Malay guys playing and we felt paiseh lol. After the group left, there were still many people there so we were still shy so in the end we didn't play :( It would be fun if you go there with a big group of your family members or friends!

Let my pictures tell the story coz I lazy to write lol. Of course, taken with my beloved Redmi Note 3 without filter and edit (except the face censor) hehe.  Don't know why the pictures posted on my blog post are not clear... Only when you click into the photos you can see the clear version.


Trying out macro shots. Nothing special about this rock.

So many people arghhh

My pale feet... The water was super cold until I shivered like I had Parkinson's. Taken with fish-eye effect in case you thought my legs were distorted.

Can see the water slide behind my colleagues. The water looks so nice in this photo.

This photo would be nicer if you can see the expressions on their face lol. SEE behind so many guys! They were all having fun with the slide!

This photo is out of focus but still nice lol.

Nice water lol.

With a little bit of sunlight from the above.

The place was shady because we were surrounded by forest. This is how it looks when you look up from the water.



I just realised the video was shot in HD mode instead of FULL HD mode that's why it's in bad quality haih.


We were there until around 6PM then we headed home. The trip back took about 1 hours and 15 minutes.


Overall it was a nice experience and I had fun :)







You Might Also Like

1 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...