Into the woods!

9:45 PM




Some of you might not know about this new Disney movie - Into the Woods.

But I have waited for it so long, since it's first trailer came out I think!

I didn't plan to blog about this movie but... I just suddenly feel a tad frustrated that nobody among my friends share the same fondness for this movie with me?! Haih... lol.

I actually planned to watch this movie alone. Coz I knew that some people hate this type of musical movie. It's not even playing in TGV Bukit Tinggi (same as Les Miserables last time, heck in the end I downloaded it online). Anyhow, I posted a status in FB see whether got people interested coz I was not motivated to go to Setia City Mall alone lol. Well, a friend said he wanted to watch movie, so he brought his girlfriend along. I warned them a few times that they might not like it coz it's A MUSICAL (now I think they didn't even know what is a musical before this movie lol). K nvm, I just want to watch the movie then I happy liao. And I'm thankful that they willing to accompany me lol.


Then like what the negative reviews said, during like the last 25% of the movie, they felt the plot was ridiculous and boring liao. But I on the other hand, still interested in lyrics of the songs! o.O So I ignored them. After the movie then we talked about the movie then it's obvious they didn't like the last part lo. I felt a bit sad coz duh, the movie I liked had negative comments! Well, I expected already so fine...

Then they brought it up during the lunch's conversation today again! Another friend also watched it and she also didn't like it! Ahhh I also lazy explain to them. All the things they think is ridiculous I feel totally logical. WHY LIDDAT?? lol. I think got few reasons.

1) They don't listen to the lyrics.
2) There are two types of people. One that understands the movie. One that don't. (lol this sentence sounds sohai).

I mean, how can there be people who are totally in love with the movie, or totally understands what the story/songs portray (eg. me), when there are so many people who find that movie is totally meaningless and nonsensical??

I personally think that there are in fact some parts of the story didn't make sense (I believe it's the same in the original musical also). But it's not important I guess? The essence of the movie should be the songs and the lessons learnt (my humble opinion)? Besides, fairy tales are supposed to be illogical right? Why can't the people just ignore the irrational parts and enjoy the songs? Oh perhaps they don't like this type of songs. Let's see what they will say about the upcoming Cinderella movie, yea? Which I have no intention to watch it lol.

I totally love the songs! The musics are catchy (very Disney-ish)! The lyrics are realistic! I can relate to the lyrics! In fact, I'm listening to my Youtube playlist of Into the Woods soundtracks every day now. BTW, the songs were composed by Stephen Sondheim.


Ok la. Enough of my ranting. I should get back to my work.


Lastly, if you care, here's a video on the funniest part in the movie where everyone cracked up! It's about two (light-minded, shallow) princes with big ego bragged about their princesses and compared which of them has more agony =.=






PS: Chris Pine is SO HOT despite his acting as the sohai Prince Charming!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...