Malacca Food Trip - Day 2

4:51 PM



Read Malacca Food Trip -Day 1 here.



The next morning while waiting for others to get ready we watched TV again. This time was an old HK drama. After packing everything, we checked out the hotel early in the morning and started our food hunting.

To start off our Day 2 of Malacca Food Trip, we had "dim sum" as breakfast at Jonker Street.




...::: Low Yong Moh Restaurant :::...

The restaurant's Chinese name is 荣茂茶室. It's a typical "dim sum" restaurant. The star "dim sum" is "Big Pao" (大包). Forgot to take its photo hehe. It's nice though I forgot how it tasted like wtf.


Another "pau" I like was "Liu Sha Pao" (流沙包).

Liu Sha Pao

Liu Sha Pao

It looks cute and tastes not bad too! The filling is custard plus salty egg yolk I think...

Another must-try "dim sum" in this restaurant is Lotus Leaf Rice (荷叶饭). Too bad it's sold out when we were there :(




...::: Hoe Kee Chicken Rice Balls :::...

After "dim sum" we walked to Hoe Kee which was also located in Jonker Street. They said this restaurant has the best "white chicken" while Chung Wah has the best chicken rice balls.

Chicken rice balls

Both the chicken and rice balls were delicious for me. However, my stomach was full after the "dim sum" so I didn't really enjoy eating T.T



...::: 486 Baba Low's :::...

We almost cancel this restaurant from our list because our stomach were full. We only ordered Nyonya Laksa and Pai Tee though there are other Nyonya delicacies like Mee Siam and "popiah".

Nyonya laksa

The nyonya laksa was good, not that spicy. Well, there are many people selling good laksa also IMO hehe.

Pai Tee

I like this Pai Tee! It's very refreshing and crunchy! The smell was not overly strong so I could still enjoy it even though my stomach was full. Felt like eating three but had to leave for others.




...::: Nadeje ::...

Final stop was Nadeje, the mille crepes that everyone must eat when they visit Malacca.


Rum & Raisin, Cafe Mocha, Double Chocolate, Original

My favourite was Rum & Raisin. I like foods with tinge of alcohol. I like Original flavour too. Cafe Mocha also not bad but Double Chocolate was too sweet for me. I sien of sweet chocolate aready haha. VV and SP liked the Double Chocolate the most.


The pretty layers of Mille Crepe


So here ends my FIRST FOOD TRIP EVER! OMG I can't believe I could eat so many foods in one and a half day! I thought I might puke =.=



On the way back to KL, EY suggested to go for a movie. I suggested Insurgent because I wanted to watch. So, we went to Mid Valley for movie (possibly last movie together? haha). YX didn't join us because she was exhausted and had to take KTM back home. 

We reached Mid Valley last minute and there was only first two rows left in a small cinema. I didn't want to watch at first but seeing that this would be the last movie I watch together with uni mates and also EY brought us all the way to Mid Valley, so we watched the movie sitting on the second row. Very tiring the screen was too big my eyes had to work a lot more than usual and my neck very pain =.=

After the movie, SP and me had to rush back because SP's dad already waiting at the Mid Valley entrance and I "tumpang" SP's car. Luckily didn't have to take KTM!




All in all, I had a fun time with my friends! Also, we had fun mimicking the way GPS read funny road names! xD I just hope that I knew them earlier coz it seems like I don't share much mutual memories with my uni gang. I hope we can do this again!



Read Malacca Food Trip -Day 1 here.







You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...