My 24th Birthday

3:39 AM

This is my second time blogging about my birthday (can you believe it?). The first time was my 21st birthday. I guess usually my birthday doesn't mean much... It's just like any other day for me. What I remembered about my birthday last year was quite emo. I had work at the pharmacy like usual and I learnt that it is a bad decision to not take leave on my birthday. I guess because I expect I should be lucky and everyone should treat me better on my birthday, but I didn't let anyone at my work know that it was my birthday. So, my colleague kept ordering me to do stuffs and a lot of annoying things happened... It was one of the worst birthdays in my life. I even cried in the washroom I think. Sometimes I just felt I was being bullied. Other than that, many of my friends that I cared about seemed to forget about my birthday last year... So... It was kinda sad...

This year though... I know I had to take leave on my birthday. I didn't tell anyone about my birthday but somehow my colleague just happened to ask me when it was around the corner. So, they celebrated with me 2 days earlier. Boss treated us McD and bought a cake. It was the first time I celebrated my birthday with my colleagues (my first job too)! They asked me to make wishes and so I made a wish naturally without thinking - to get hospital posting ASAP! I couldn't remember when was the last time I made a wish lol probably 10 years ago. But they said 3 wishes and I didn't have time to think so I just simply made another two. Second one was about health and happiness and third one about maybe wanting a boyfriend wtf lol! That day my colleagues were noticeably nicer to me so I was quite happy lol. Also maybe this year's "me" is happier than last year's "me" because after reading the Happiness Project book, I tried to change my perception and attitude in daily life.


All girls lol. And the princess is unhappy you guys.

Haha this kid very cute. I think my colleague told her that she bought a cake and told her to keep a secret. Then when I was working she suddenly asked me to follow her she wanted to show me my cake. Then she led me to her Frozen lego set and told me that was my cake and asked me to eat it lol. Then evening when my colleague hid the cake in boss's room, she led me to the room to see my cake. She kept saying she can't wait to blow the candles (whose birthday is this?). I made a mental note to self to never tell her any secret lol. Then when everyone's singing birthday song she suddenly became unhappy and hid in the room. It's exactly the same like last time when we celebrated my colleague's birthday. I still can't figure out her sudden mood change lol. When we taking group picture her mum insisted she come take with us.


Move forward to Saturday which was the day before my actual birthday. I requested morning shift so that I could go back home earlier for the sleepover that HL and I had planned. Who knows this girl overslept and only arrive my house around 11 PM =____=  I almost fell asleep waiting for her. We chatted for like an hour or two and then watched the movie "My PS Partner". Yes, it's the movie about phone sex that I had blogged about before. Hahaha it's the first time I watched a movie that contained naked scenes with a friend. Then we slept around 3 or 4 AM! Actually, I thought we could play around with my hair curler set that night (erhmm do some girly activities) but it was too late so never mind.

Luckily I managed to wake up around 10 AM the next morning. The first thing I saw when I woke up was my mum's FB post of a picture of my breakfast made with love lol! Ever since my mum learned how to use FB she posts all sorts of pictures of quotes and food she made everyday lol. We ate breakfast, freshen up, did make-up and then we curled our hair I curled our hair. I just started to get the hang of it haha and starting to like using the hair curlers. Results were quite satisfying! That day I took my own sweet time to do anything because I feel that one is most 幸福 when she has all the time in the world to do anything she wants! So end up the rest of the day was quite packed lol.

We planned to go to a Sports Apparel Sale at Subang but cancelled last minute because we were short of time. It was already 12 or 1 PM when we set off from my home. So, we straight away went to Setia City Mall. I kind of planned where to go and what to eat that day by reading reviews on the restaurants but I didn't want to plan too much because higher expectations always bring disappointments. 

The first thing we did when we reached the mall was to redeem my free movie tickets. It was stupid and funny. I only tried to check which movies were eligible for the redemption in the morning of my birthday. Unfortunately my internet was damn slow that day so I didn't manage to check so I could only find out at the box office. And damn this GSC no sincerity one... Only can choose from 3 movies... And only one of it I was interested in - Ghostbusters. Now, I had another movie in mind that I had to watch - The Shallows (starring Blake Lively and a bloody shark!). Wtf these two movies just had to clash together =___=  Where's my birthday luck, huh? I lazy to describe the whole story that happened lah. In a nut shell, I redeemed the free tickets first which was Ghostbusters at 4.50 PM, thinking that I could watch The Shallows at 3 something and then watch the Ghostbusters when it was halfway through. Who knows the 3 something time slot for The Shallows only left seats at the two front rows wtf. Of course, I won't choose the front seats lah. So I had to choose the 5 PM one. So, after squeezing our brain juice to choose the perfect time slots for both of the movies, eventually we got ourselves two free movie tickets that were useless =___=  Never mind loh! Learnt a lesson - Next time, choose your movie earlier!

Then, we went to H&M because I wanted to buy some clothes for work. The clothes that I wore to work everyday were very old already (4-5 years maybe) and I looked like a cleaner when I'm wearing them. Before this I never thought of buying new clothes for my job as a sales assistant but now I felt that I would be happier and more confident when I'm wearing new clothes that look good on me! And it sure does affect customer's impression on me! And coincidentally HL gave me a 15% off H&M voucher in my birthday gift, all the more reason to visit H&M! We spent a good whole 1 hour (or 2 hours?) at H&M. We even browsed the kids section and tried on some of them lol. Actually I can't really fit in kid's clothes, not like what people always say about petite girls can wear kids' clothes. Or maybe just the singlet and the dress I tried were not suitable. I was happy that I found a black skinny high-waisted long pants ON SALE that was MY SIZE! Usually when I found an item that I like on sale always don't have my size one! So I was like found a treasure lol. So, I bought the long pants together with another two T-shirts.

Speaking of apparels, this month I spent quite a lot on apparels lol. I guess because after reading that Happiness Project book, I cleared my wardrobe and just felt like I had to buy some new clothes that I will actually wear and clothes that can make me happy. I also bought a pair of expensive sandals with healthy insoles - MyFeet which cost RM 211. Perhaps I'll blog more about it in another blog post. So far most of the things I bought did make me happy. Not in the sense of getting new things... but the feeling that the things I bought made my life more convenient and less annoying is awesome.

So, after H&M we rushed to Sushi Zanmai to eat some sushi. We only had less than an hour to have our meal before our movie. I ordered a set of sushi with Mentaiko sauce and HL picked the rest. The sushi were quite tasty. We shared the set of Mentaiko sushi. Each of us ate half of the sushi because each sushi was different. Quite paiseh lah because I ate the first half of all the sushi only let HL ate the other half >.< because she said she didn't want to pass on her cold virus to me. And then some more she treated me that meal >.<


Sushi with Mentaiko sauce <3 The lighting of the restaurant was so dimmed. Made the sushi looked bad in pictures.



The salmon were fresh and delicious!








After that we rushed to the movie. Luckily, the movie had just started when we reached. Blake Lively was HOT like usual! She always gives off this confident vibes that I admire. Although in the Gossip Girls, she's like a dumb blonde who made bad choices in her relationships but still she's hot and confident lol. The whole movie was just shot in one place only which was the beach but it was very nerve-racking. I'm not a fan of shark movie but this movie didn't bore me. I did enjoy the movie though if I can watch Suicide Squad on my birthday it would be more awesome! Too bad the movie wasn't showing before 4th Aug.

After the movie, I had to rush back home because my parents were waiting for me so that we could go Aeon Bukit Tinggi to have dinner with my youngest sister who's waiting there. We had dinner at Nando's which were delicious. The only thing missing was my second sister was not with us. But we posted pictures to our family Whatsapp group to make her jealous anyway lol.



Well, this year's birthday turned out not bad at all eh? I'm definitely happier than I was. And the people around me are also happier. I hope that things will get better and I'll continue to be happy :) Really grateful to everyone who had celebrated my birthday with me. And those who remembered to wish me. Grateful that I could spend time with my family. And lastly, thank you for spending your day with me and the sushi treat and the movie treat and my birthday gifts! Hope you and me can faster find our other half and get married and make babies xD I don't know why now I starting to feel like want to make babies because I somehow think that it's a source of happiness xD


Couldn't see our curls clearly lol



Happy birthday to me!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. the moment i read the way u described the ticketing part i was laughing so hard lol
    yeah, learnt the lesson, next time anything must plan earlier! :D
    glad to see that you are getting happier.. does that mean we need to go shop few more new clothes to make ourselves feel better and confident? XD
    n btw, y u suddenly want make babies pulak? LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...