My Happy Sapo AKA Pipi

10:11 AM



It's been a very looooooong time since the last time I blogged about my dog.

It's 7.40 AM now and I'd been woken up by this fellow. (Read: It's raining cats and dogs now)
I'm very sensitive to sound when I'm sleeping so I was the first one who went to rescue Happy. Her barking sound is impossible to miss as it's very loud and sharp when she is barking for attention. She was at the half landing of the stairs that connect two floors (why she wouldn't come up to the bedroom floor, I don't know, maybe her legs are not as strong anymore, as it's not the first time she stopped at the half landing when I encouraged her to follow me to the second floor), barking, yelling even at me. I urged her to come up to the second floor but she just wouldn't. My heart broke a little 💔. Eventually I had to went down to carry her, and her body was so stiff and her legs curled up because she was too scared.

She was still barking for unknown reason after we landed at the second floor. I stroked her fur while speaking in gentle voice, still barking. I let her in my bedroom, still barking. I was like trying to comfort a crying baby 😂

I let her out of my room back to the hall. At last, my mum came out from her room. Happy barked a few times and then stopped barking! OMG I'm now not her favourite human... Not the one she goes to when she's scared, not the one she greets the first when we reach home, not the one she seeks comfort from T.T But still, Happy was still restless but mum was there to accompany her so I went back into my room to blog this.

Anyway, last week my parents went to Hong Kong with my sis to help her settle down. So, there's only me and my dog at home for one whole week. I specifically requested for morning shifts at the pharmacy so that I would be able to feed her dinner. But nevertheless she had to endure 9 hours plus of loneliness. We were so worried that she might behaved abnormally but luckily everything was quite well.

Every morning I would let her out the first minute I woke up. She would go out and wander around, do whatever she gotta do. And I purposely woke up 1 hour earlier than usual so that I could feed her. Now, sometimes it's a pain in the arse to feed her. She's like a little picky eater kid who needs people to supervise her when she eats. Especially when we go for vacation without her. When we went to Penang last time, we left her at a dog hotel and the owner said that she refused to eat for the first day. She would push the kibbles out of the bowl with her muzzle 😂. But after a few meal times, she succumbed to hunger already haha.

But anyhow, this time she never practice her picky eating habits except one day where I had to work full shift until 9 pm. She ate 1/3 of the kibbles and then just won't eat no matter how I encouraged, urged or even cheated lol. Sometimes I would cheat her that I would keep away the kibbles if she doesn't want to eat, and she would tell me she wants it and then she will eat.  But sometimes she just tells us she wanna eat but in fact she won't eat.

So I placed the bowl with the unfinished kibbles in the living room before I went out, thinking maybe if she's too hungry she can eat before I came home at 9.30 something. (Read: We let her roam freely inside and outside the house because if we lock her outside she would just find her way to get in, like one time she climbed over so many stacks of things and came in the house through the study room window (that was blocked with a layer of gauze BTW) .

When I came home, she's barking at me the moment she saw my car, like usual. I opened the door and I didn't see the bowl in the living room. I thought she must have pushed the bowl to somewhere else as this had happened before even when we all were at home. Sometimes when she wants someone to accompany her to eat she would push the bowl to a quite far distance 😂.  And just as expected, the bowl was near the study room. I saw her ran to the study room the moment I opened the main door. And she started eating herself! The amount of the kibbles was just as much as when I left them. This means that she never ate any of the kibbles until I reached home! OMG this girl!

One day, she some more tried to eat her own poop! When I was hanging the clothes at night, suddenly I noticed she's doing something, with her muzzle near the ground. I approached her and saw she's sniffing/biting some piece of weird brownish thing lol. 

Can even see bite marks yuck!

I immediately shouted NO at her and she jumped to the side. I examined that thing and realised it's a sun dried version of her poop =. = While I was taking quite a long time to examine and process the whole incident, Happy seemed impatient and barked a little, telling me that she wanted to eat lol! OMG I couldn't believe that she actually wanted to eat her own poop (Read: We never saw her eating her own poop. In fact, she hated the smell of her poop. We knew this because when we let her smell her poop that was wrapped in newspaper just after she pooped, she would turn her muzzle away)! So, to confirm that she really wanted to eat her own poop, I said GO to her which means I gave her permission to do what she wanted. She went to forward to the poop and tried to take it back to her cage! Of course I immediately shouted NO at her again and she dropped it at instance lol.

During this incident I took some pictures and videos and WhatsApp to my family group. My mum said it must be because she didn't eat and was starving, or I didn't feed her apples like my mum did even night. But no!  I did all those. Happy had been eating like usual every morning and evening, and I'd been feeding her apples every night. I thought she just didn't recognise her own pool after its all dried up lol. Or the poop smelled nice after dried up.

Well, luckily Happy ate well, drank well, slept well, peed well and pooped well during that whole week lol. Except maybe she's extremely lonely when nobody was not at home. Luckily she didn't pee in places she's not supposed to coz sometimes she does it like a kid throwing a tantrum. I'm extremely thankful for that haha.

Oh ya, I was asked to start the engine of the cars every 3 days while my family was away. I figured my dog would be very happy if she could get in the car. She likes to be in a car, maybe she thought she's going out if she's in the car lol. (Read: On the day that my family left for Hong Kong, my dad opened the doors of the car and she kept waiting near the car while we were still preparing. When she saw us looking at her she would signaled us that she wanted to get in the car, barking and restless and all that. Awww heartbroken again...) So yeah.. I let her in the car and we sat for a while, enjoying the air cond's cold breeze on our face. And when I turned off the engine she would think that we reached our destination and she was very excited xD

Before that, I even planned to take her out to the Pokemon stop just a block away from my house since the Maxis forced me to use the Mobile Internet. But I already finished the quota earlier so I didn't do as planned lol.




Well, that's about it for this post! Love my dog so so much!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...