THE WAIT IS OVER.

1:26 AM

Long time no blog liao. Coz I have nothing to blog about, no other reason. And I noticed that my English is becoming increasingly more Malaysian after working at the pharmacy for 1 year + I blame my colleagues because I tend to speak at the level of language that suits the listener. Actually, I think maybe it's just that I like to speak Malaysian more. To me, Malaysian language sounds more casual and friendly. But sometimes I feel I speak too Malaysian until I sound like Cina girl. Sorry, I digressed....


I have waited for 1 YEAR & 6 MONTHS, to be exact. For that thing that most Malaysian pharmacy students long for after they graduate ---- Government Hospital posting.


THE WAIT IS FINALLY OVER.

Yeah. Today is the day I'm officially offered the job as a provisionally-registered pharmacist (PRP) at a government hospital.

I just want to record down the feelings that I'm having now. The excitement, disbelief and anxiety.

Excited because I finally get what I wanted --- Change. Finally, I can break the boring routine that I unwillingly wake up to every morning.

Hard to accept the fact because when I had almost lose faith in our government, they actually manage to absorb all of us despite the lack in budget and vacancies.

And they actually changed our application system to same as doctor houseman! Where we get to choose the hospital we want instead of state through online application! And it's on first-come-first-serve basis! It's like a gold fallen from the sky to me! I'm actually really confident at competing for something online that based on speed (thanks to years of training in online games).

I don't know should I feel lucky or unlucky. We waited longer than our previous batch but we get to choose hospital! Some of my friends who were last batch's PRP actually had to go to Sabah because of God knows what reason. There are many possible reasons. Maybe there really isn't any vacancies left for them in West Malaysia. Or maybe it's just their bad luck that they're randomly posted to Sabah.

Now, there are no worries that you will get posted to random faraway places because it's surprisingly easy to get the hospital you choose. Can say 100%? Unless you're too slow and when you try to click the hospital you want, it's already taken by people and you can't choose it anymore. No matter what, you won't be randomly posted to somewhere. You can know which hospital you get on the spot.

Anyway, I'm quite nervous because there are so much to do and so little time. I don't know what's with the government but they let us wait so long for the job and once they offered us they expect us to prepare everything within 2 weeks time =___=

I hope I can blog about all the things that I do in the next post because I'm quite sleepy now.

And I chose Hospital Kuala Kubu Baru, which is a small district hospital. I was undecided on choosing big or small hospital. Each has its own pros and cons. You get more exposure in big hospital but you can't really learn in detail. In small hospital, you can learn things in detail and at your own pace. I chose this Hospital KKB because I have a friend currently doing PRP there and she said that its not too busy and the pharmacists there are willing to teach. On the other hand, because of my confidence in competing for things online, I think I can get the big hospitals if I want. I'm afraid that I will regret it if I don't choose big hospitals.



I hope I made the right choice.


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i think the speed thing is because you have been trained through taobao and xiaomi purchases ba LOL anyway, feel happy for you.. all the best yeah! :D

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...