Animal + Food = Animal Feed.

8:33 PM



The long-awaited visits had finally came. It was rather disappointing :( but the hospital visit was still kinda enjoyable for me. That's why I now only blog about it. We went to UPM hospital on 4th September and CP feedmill on 11th September.




UVH Hospital Visit


UPM campus is damn LARGE WTF! IMU  is like maybe 1/100 of it lolol. Thus, our bus got lost while searching for the veterinary faculty and eventually had to rely on GPS. I'm very jelly of UPM students because of this. Our IMU is only like, one tiny point on Google Maps while UPM is a big patch of land =.=

Why everyone said that the visit was disappointing... because we didn't really get to see any dogs or cats in close distance! Actually, we might not see any animal also if we didn't personally request the staff there to show us. 

Instead of cats and dogs, we saw:


Milk cows


Mother and baby calf.



Beef cattle







Don't know what cow was this but it was huge! I think I'm just slightly taller than it o.O


Hello.



I'm a goat. ICYDK.



Baaaaa Baaaa Black sheep


And they baaa baaa baaaa the moment we left. Awww they 不舍得 us... haha.




Horse

I like to pee in front of people.

These animals don't belong to UPM. Their owners let UPM take care of them I think. I didn't pay attention when the staff was explaining as I was busy taking photos.


Well, we did learn a lot of things on that day. I envy those vet students so much. Veterinarian is like one of the coolest jobs! Unlike pharmacist...boring.. I know I shouldn't complain.






No this toad is not one of the animals we saw in UPM. It's just a toad that's constantly appearing in my lawn every night (almost). My mum threw it out of our house umpteen times already but somehow it manage to get back in. The big question is: Why it keeps coming back into our house?! Weird, just weird. And it is as still as a stone even if I approach it.

Maybe he is my guardian angel. Or a guy who loves me but turned into a frog for some reason. 

You know, like frog prince. (Sorry, it just suddenly came to my mind.)




CHAROEN POKPHAND FEEDMILL VISIT

CP is a Thai company that set foot in Malaysia since many years ago. You know 5-star frozen foods? It's one of their products. We were "lectured" for nearly 2 hours (or more) about the history of CP and their business in agriculture and aquaculture industries. Although it was very lengthy but it's good coz we can write a lot of things in our visit reports hehe. I must say I'm very impressed that CP can evolve into multinational company, just from a small shop selling seeds.


Basically we were toured around the feedmill. Nothing really interesting. I mean, just like any other factories loh. Anyway, here's a picture I took in the raw material warehouse:


Soya bean powder, I think.


There were piles and piles of raw materials that are gonna be used to produce animal feeds. It was quite breathtaking to see such big piles of powder materials. It was very smelly and stuffy inside though :/


The feedmill was in Port Klang BTW!






EXTRA:






And this was the smallest plate of nasi lemak I ate in my whole life! But it was FREE!

Some company wanted to break a Guinness World Record by washing 20k plates using one bottle of detergent. =.= Wuliao. Whatever. I got free lunch.

They came to IMU and gave everyone free nasi lemak. After you finished eating one plate you can get another plate... and another... and another....until you're full lah! They just want more dirty plates! I ate 2 plates only because I had to attend a lecture.

Did they go to your university? ;)








You Might Also Like

1 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...