Research Topic Battle

5:08 PM

Actually I feel quite lazy to type this blog post. Thanks to all the happenings this week I'm mentally exhausted until I just want to stop making decisions for a while, be it small decisions like what to eat /what to wear or big decisions like whether I should study or watch drama lol. But there is something worth writing about I guess.

Well, regarding the last post, I had decided to go Taiwan. Industrial might be very boring so don't care lah I chose Taiwan. Now we are just waiting for the hospital to respond to our application I think.

Just when I thought I had one less thing to worry about, the research topics for Semester 7 was out on Monday morning. We had a lecture when the module coordinator announced to us. We were told that we should find the lecturer of the research topic that we are interested in and discuss with the lecturer to understand what is it about. Then after that during the lecture, can see people went out to washroom (probably you're thinking why is this so important to be mentioned, you'll see).

OK, the lecture ended. My friend who had an agreement with me to do same research topic asked me what topic I want. We simply chose one topic that looked easy and supervised by nice lecturer. So we headed straight to the lecturers' office area, thinking we were one of the earliest students who started looking for lecturer. Why were we so naive?! There were already few groups of students calling lecturers' extension number outside of the office areas. Of course.

We called our lecturer but no one's answering! We waited and called numerousssssssssssss times but still couldn't find her! People keep asking which lecturer you're finding, but everyone's being so secretive. My friend told me not to let others know the topic we were aiming at, coz she's afraid that others will compete with us. Actually later I thought about it and still don't know what's the point of doing that =.=

We even skipped our meeting with lecturer and group members for Toxicology project (sorry, sir! Turned out the meeting was rescheduled coz nobody went lol). Luckily we had no class later in that afternoon. Since we couldn't reach the lecturer through phone, we thought we might as well wait for her outside of the office area. So we waited from around 2pm - ?pm (not sure until when coz I lost track of time but it was evening already). While waiting our eyes were like the light of a lighthouse, scanning the elevators and the corridors with the hope of spotting the lecturer.

Arghhhh then at ?pm, FINALLY THE LECTURER APPEARED! She came down through the elevator in the midst of a bunch of students. We dashed towards her with smiles on our faces and she told us with a smile on her face too that all the places were taken. Full stop.

KNS.... I felt like shit lol. We couldn't find her anywhere and waited for like few hours then others got to her first?! How could this be possible?!!!! That means 3 students already found her before us!

Well, anyway we tried to find other lecturers also. I kinda forgot what happened afterwards but all lecturers also couldn't be found or places taken lah! Then we went home very emo-ly. Well, my friend more emo than me lah actually I was just a little frustrated. I was angry because of the unfairness and the flaws of the system or whatsoever. In fact, the total places allocated for the topics were not enough for every student in our batch!

Eh...Type until here I'm a bit lazy to continue already. So let's get to the gossip part... hehehe. Tuesday was a holiday so perfect time for gossip! In short, a friend told me that some people didn't get the place but they told others the places are all taken, but actually the lecturer might be on leave! WTH? Why so mean one? And we guess many students already went out to find lecturer during the class (remember they went out to washroom?). I know who got the topic of my first choice already. I don't know how but they found the lecturer when she just came out from Academic Affairs Department and straight away asked for her signature! Didn't even need to discuss WTH. Moreover, I heard that there are also many people competing for the overseas research and they will have a selection process I think. Wah... IMU so many rich kids....They said go Europe for one month need around RM60k leh... Including the Europe tour lah! So envious.... My dream........

Anyway, me and my friend sent three emails to different lecturers. Only one lecturer replied us WTH =.= And guess what?! The lecturer was on leave on Monday so she said she is available from 10am-12pm on Wednesday! We were so happy when we knew this! Although it was not our first choice but it was still a lab-based research instead of a community-based one.

Apparently, not only us got the email from the lecturer lol. When we reached the office area by 10am, there were already a group of students discussing with the lecturer in the discussion room. We thought we had no hope already so we didn't dare to interrupt but in the end we also went into the room. We were told that this research will be very tough, we might even have to stay overnight in the lab for 3 days, we might have to repeat it if fails, and we might also get scolding =.=

We considered for quite a lonnnnnnnnnng while and decided we wanna accept the challenge! Actually it's more like no choice already, not because we are so motivated lol. Actually the lecturer was supposed to take 3 students only but since the places were not enough she accepted 8 students including me and my friend!

So, I guess I have nothing to worry about for now... Just a lot of lecture notes are pending, and a portfolio and Toxicology project. Busy week but I just wanna go shopping! Haiz...

Lastly, I think this is the first time I truly experience what people always say about university friends. I think this research topic battle will cause some relationships to crack because I heard some unpleasant things happened. Umm, as usual, nothing too bad happened to me lah haha, thank God.


Sorry if this post is too boring coz I also no mood to continue when I typed until halfway lolol.








You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. i know this may sound mean, but i was literally laughing reading your post.. lol
    aiya.. uni friends are like that de lar.. your case considered ok jor lor..
    btw, im going for shopping tomorrow.. who asked you dont want join me when i jio-ed you? :p

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...