Dilemma.........

7:39 PM

OMG I'm so stressed out recently~ Everyday 8am class + a big decision to make!

The question is whether to do my elective posting in Tzu Chi Hospital, Taiwan, or pharmaceutical industry.

I tried to do the "Pros & Cons List" for both options in my mind, but the it seems to be unhelpful. Let see how if I write it down.



Tzu Chi Hospital, Taiwan
Pros

  1. Taiwan is one of the places that I would like to visit! Never been there before! It's a food and shopping paradise! Eat, play, travel~~~~~~~~
  2. From a blog I read, Tzu Chi Hospital is a very good hospital. I think I can see and learn different things from there. In fact, I'm interested to visit Tzu Chi Hospital. From what I've known, Tzu Chi people are really good at taking care of people lol.


Cons

  1. Very troublesome. Going overseas is never an easy task. Passport, visa (?, might be staying there for more than 30days), air tickets, application, interview... So many things to do that I'm afraid I will mess up anything!
  2. The cost is definitely VERY MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE than doing electives in Malaysia. I've roughly counted and the total expenditure (including air fares, food, accomodation, transport and shopping) would be at least RM2000, that is if I spend very kiam-siap-ly. If I want a more comfortable and enjoyable trip, I think I would have to spend around RM3000-RM4000. Of course, I don't have that much money. I definitely will use parent's money. :(


Pharmaceutical Industry
Pros

  1. I might want to work in pharmaceutical industry instead of hospital after I graduate. So, this might be the only chance to go experience it beforehand. If I miss this chance, I'll have to go industry during my PRP training for 2 YEARS. If I hate it then I'm doomed lol. Moreover, if I do PRP training in industry, then I change my mind I want to work in hospital later on, I doubt that any hospital would be willing to accept me. Furthermore! I have chance to do hospital posting in semester 8!


Cons

  1. Might be boring loh. I don't know exactly what we will be taught to do in industry but people always say industry is more boring than hospital =.= For me, I rather do nothing and laze around instead of talking to patients. That being said, I also get bored easily... So... I wouldn't know.


OK, I know I wrote more about Taiwan but that doesn't mean I want to go Taiwan more. Actually it's 50/50. Certain points have higher weightage, like the cost, and the fact that I might miss the chance of working in industry in advance.

Actually, writing down the list does help! I think I might be choosing industry since it's kinda like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity. I think I can still apply to Tzu Chi Hospital after I graduate, if I want to. And I can travel to Taiwan anytime I want.



UPDATE: OMG after thinking about it again, I might be going Taiwan. @@ Well, I'll have to make my decision before tomorrow (10.01.2014)!!!!


You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. so, what have you chosen? If me, I would choose pharma first?

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...