2-Days Hospital Posting in Seremban

11:54 PM

Next week I have another test and 3 deadlines: 1) Hospital posting case report   2) Case presentation   3) Toxicology report. Wth~ Some more there's the fucking haze~ and my very very itch throat! And my allergic rhinitis!

Overall the 2 days of "Seremban trip" on 12th and 13th March was quite enjoyable! I thought it will be like very tired and boring but it turned out to be more like a fun trip lol! We actually had a test today but throughout the trip everyone just felt like there's no test at all! So eventually nobody studied for the test in Seremban although we brought the notes along lol.

We stayed at Hotel Rasah which was just within 5 mins walking distance from the hospital. 10 of us (5 girls and 5 guys) car-pooled and very funny coz we keep going the wrong way (with the help of GPS) and 3 cars had to make umpteen U-turns.  Not on the highway lah... It happened in the small roads when we were finding for IMU Seremban and the restaurant. After a long tiring day of hospital posting~ (Ok lah... not really long and not really tiring) we went for food hunting! They said Seremban is famous of BBQ crab (tho I never heard of it) and so off we go hunting for crabs!





Picture above stolen from FB of a friend hehe. Looks so tempting right? Taken with iPhone :/ Now I really despise my phone's camera liao. The dishes were quite nice! They said very delicious but u know I don't really have high expectations for food. We chatted at the restaurant for like hours (?) and it was very chillax (what's a test? lol). Too bad the whole time I was having allergic rhinitis (it started since Tuesday) and have to keep using tissue to wipe my damn nose T.T 

After dinner, we went back to the hotel. 5 girls staying in a 2 queen-sized beds room. All we did was just FB-ing, watching news (about MH370) and talking shit about bomoh lol. Chat until around 11.30pm they said want go eat "tong shui" but the guys already fell asleep! So two of the girls went over to wake them up with an excuse that they want to ask what time we going to hospital the next morning. So in the end we went to a supper place that was set up in a car park area. When was the last time I eat supper outside? lol. I think it's good to have a guy friend who is very thick-faced and funny because everyone will be so chillax lol. Feel lucky to go with my group members coz all so nice. ^^

We went back to the hotel and then chatted for a while and then sleeping time! Since 5 of us sharing a room with only 2 queen-sized beds right, me and 2 other girls offered to share a bed because we have smaller body size lol. Here comes my problem~ I thought I can sleep easily since we already had a tiring day but I can never be more wrong... I couldn't sleep at all! Don't know why! Probably not used to sharing a bed with acquaintance... After lying down for around 1 hour I felt like my bladder was full then I thought about whether want to go toilet or not =.= Because I didn't wanna interrupt other people's sleep but I myself cannot sleep if I don't go! Can't blame me right I already used the toilet before I sleep but still, I drank a bowl of "tong shui" around 12am! And during the dinner I drank about 3-4 glasses of Chinese tea (lol broke my own record) because it somehow relieves my allergic rhinitis a bit! Then I also felt very uncomfortable because my both of my nostrils were congested and I can only blow my nose very silently but it didn't help at all! So I can only breathe through my mouth =.= Maybe that's why I couldn't fall asleep! Halfway through the long night the girl sleeping beside me suddenly occupied part of my space with her legs then I had to bend my knees =.= Luckily after that she moved her legs back when my whole body started to become tired due to immobilization lol. Sounds so pathetic I know... =.=

Haha now talk about the hospital~ The main thing we did was just clerking case notes lah~ It means "photocopy" the case notes with our hands~ One of the biggest challenges is to "decipher" doctors' handwriting! Wth can they even recognize their own handwriting?! Haha but funny thing is our supervisor said my handwriting is nicer than the doctor's (geddit?). Maybe the profession is more suitable for me? lol. God damn it, the first day we clerked a really good case and discussed it with our supervisor and she said the case can be used for our presentation already but then when we went back again to complete the things we missed out, we cannot find the file anywhere!!! In the end we found out the patient was changed to other ward already =.= So we had to clerk a new case from scratch lah! OMG maybe I'm being superstitious but I shouldn't say I'm lucky in the last post coz now it seems like my luck is fading lol.

Oh and the hospital ward is in a very bad condition. Maybe because I never went to a general hospital before (UM hospital is still okay), I didn't know that hospital ward is so dirty and hot and stuffy one! I think I almost fainted when I was clerking cases! And I was assigned to men's ward instead of women's ward (my luck =.=). When I went to the women's ward for a look, OMG like heaven and hell lol. I wonder how can the patients recover in such a bad environment :/ So lesson learnt: It's important to have a lot of money. The patients in the ward usually have serious medical problems or they may have various chronic diseases together. I guess general hospitals don't accept patients with mild cases?

There's one elderly patient who was very very weak and he couldn't speak properly. We were clerking case on the table in front of his bed, and he suddenly like wanna say something to us but we couldn't get what he's trying to say. As we were trying to figure out, he felt asleep. Then again he talked, again he slept =.= I actually just ignored him only my partner "layan" him :X

There's another Chinese patient called me over to chit chat with me =.= He said he's curious what I was searching for (the damn fucking file lah, I think we spent most of the time finding files because the doctors and nurses always take them and put them elsewhere =.= When they need the files we must give them immediately de). Then he started to talk about his diseases and medications and suggested me to clerk his case. I told him I already have 2 cases which is enough already and I need to continue clerking my case but he said he very sien nobody to talk to =.= Then in the end I don't remember how I walked away le lol.

I heard some other friends had to deal with TB cases o.O then their case notes have like blood stains or don't-know-what stain. We get to choose our own cases to clerk and we chose a case with hypertension, chronic kidney disease and diabetes, and another case with Steven Johnson syndrome! I heard that it's a rare disease and we just learnt about it! Also, a friend accidentally called a doctor "Kak" and kena scolded by the doctor OMG =.= 

OK lah that's it, I'm so lazy to do anything with my itching throat =.= Haizzzzzzzzzzzz 

Again ignore my bad English I'm too lazy to check wth~




You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. i really enjoyed reading your post lar.. i laughed all d way.. haha
    eh, iphone camera really tat good meh? in terms of MP, yours higher ba?
    btw, wat is TB?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Higher MP doesn't make it better than iPhone still~ lol duno why~ but the pics taken with iPhone always have nicer colours :(

      Delete
    2. TB is tuberculosis. A contagious respiratory infection.

      Delete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...