Most stressful week in Semester 6!

2:18 PM

Phew... Finally can relax a bit~

It was damn hectic last week! I was very emo after the presentation on last Thursday! My presentation was terrible!!! I just read from the computer screen without looking at the lecturer and audience. I think the lecturer didn't even look at me as he was playing with his phone/tablet, probably because I was just presenting the case summary of the patient (maybe it's not important). When my partner started presenting about the pharmaceutical issues then he looked up! Honestly I was quite offended by this. Since he's like didn't listen, then I was like I don't care lah nobody's listening anyway, so I just simply read through the slides. Well, actually we only prepared the slides the night before until 1am (don't even know whether content is correct). I hardly had time to practice my presentation skill so I just anyhow practiced 2-3 times. I couldn't afford to sleep late to practice more because the night before I slept at 4am because I had to rush my case report! And then woke up at 7am the next morning as I had another hospital visit on 8am! I had to submit my report before I went for the visit because I was not sure whether I could be back by the submission time (5pm). Let me type out my schedule for a clearer picture:



19/3/2014 (Wednesday)

9.00 am.      Hospital University Kebangsaan Malaysia (HUKM) visit
5.00 pm.      Case report submission


20/3/2014 (Thursday)

8.00 am.     Case presentation


21/3/2014 (Friday)

8.30 am.     Current Trent in Therapeutics class test




I only started studying for the class test after the presentation! Luckily there was not much notes and I studied a few notes long time ago! And fortunately my mood wasn't influenced by the presentation that much and I could still study! Overall the test was okay...


The case report also I literally copy-and-paste from guidelines one lol. Copy one sentence here... copy one sentence there ...and mash it up! Didn't have time to paraphase already! This semester was a total disaster! We have too many projects until we all simply do~ I just compiled a supposed-to-be-literature-review because I was doing the conclusion part so they wanted me to do the compilation as well. Guess what I've found (should be easy to guess actually)... One of them (famous for doing unsatisfactory jobs) just copied from abstract of journals and websites zzzz. Moreover, I had to redo the her reference list also because she didn't even know how to do Vancouver referencing (authors' names also not there)! If it's another person doing the compilation, I think he/she won't even bother about this loh. If time allows, I want to redo the whole paper lol because it doesn't look like a literature review at all!

Same goes to other projects as well... There's a pharmacoeconomic evaluation project that we have to do... We couldn't even understand the pharmacoecomic analysis paper assigned to us ( I heard other groups got papers that are easier to understand, so not fair!) so we just simply do. I'm worried about our marks for all the projects but I don't know what else I can do so I wanna just be carefree! :/

BTW about the HUKM visit, we were supposed to see what they do in the Oncology Unit. However, we spent most of the time waiting for someone to "layan" us zzz. We were told by a nurse that nobody's free to speak to us as they were having an audit. And they already informed IMU clearly that and asked IMU do not send students over on that day. LOL So basically IMU just sent us to sit on the chair and watch Philippine drama on TV2. Thanks, IMU. (Y)

We reached there around 9am, spent around 15-30mins to find the Oncology Unit. Then, a nurse briefed us about their daily tasks. After that, she asked us to go have lunch at 10am. After having lunch we had no where to go so we went back to the Oncology Unit and waited there until 12pm. Then we were given case notes to clerk until 2pm. Then we went to the pharmacy and the pharmacist there briefed us about their daily tasks. When I was standing in front of the pharmacist and listening to her, I nearly doze off (mad tired as I only had 3-hour sleep!)... Damn sien lor compared to the last Seremban trip.

Haha some might say they feel fulfilling after done so many things in this semester. Not me... LOL I didn't put in my full effort how is that fulfilling? Everything was a mess... everyone's so blur... because we are the 2nd group! Seriously very unfair I wanna complain to IMU lol. I think Group C and D would do much much better because their hospital posting is scheduled way later... when there's no test and all the projects will be basically done! They also keep asking us about how to do this and that... so we are the lab rats lol. Hmphh... I shall use these free days left to study hard for my end-of-semester examination!


PS:  Should I start watching You Who Came From The Stars now, during study week or after examination? xD I can resist game (5 days no touch game liao) but I cannot resist good drama lol.



You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Vancouver referencing? We use Harvard referencing de.. Haha
    The HUKM seemed like wasting time je? Such a poor arrangement
    Hmm.. How long is your study week? If you can tahan then watch it after exam lor.. If canot also, the whole drama is less than 21 hours only mar.. Not that long lar.. *PS dont fast forward ar.. you'd regret doing so!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...