Proposal presentation, bonsai, and turbohaler.

11:37 PM

Wohoo, finished my proposal presentation today! The feeling was so syok! Not only because that it's over, but also because it went really well! So much better than I'd expected!

Initially, one of my examiners was a friend of my supervisor so my supervisor said she wouldn't be harsh on me. So, I felt really lucky lah coz other people in my group got lecturers who are quite harsh. And I even took pleasure in another person's misfortune when my supervisor said that Prof Allan Coombes will rudely criticise people (one of my group members whose English is very bad got him initially). Who knew.... Just the day before the presentation, there's a change in the examiners... And I got Allan Coombes... =3= I totally could imagine a storm forming over my head at that moment.

So, I can say that I almost gave up on the Q&A session liao. However, in the morning I suddenly thought of revising a paper regarding the surfactants, probably because my supervisor said Allan Coombes might ask about surfactants because he's an expert in polymers.

Who knew he really asked about surfactants! I ngam ngam got jot down the HLB values of the surfactants this morning! Was luck on my side or what?! Other questions from him also I read from that same article LOL. Actually I didn't expect such easy and direct questions from him! He didn't criticise my proposal some more said that it's interesting! Before my presentation I saw he sort of criticised other people's proposal then I was a bit scared. Whoa... Odds were really in my favour. Some more I had stomach cramp attacks when other people was presenting and prayed hard that I won't have another attack during my presentation... And it didn't happen! Wow and luckily his slang was not a problem for me ah... I guess watching English dramas is a beneficial hobby haha.

Well, not to forget my supervisor... I think we owe her a debt of gratitude! She helped us to think questions based on the examiners we get! Who else's supervisor will do that?! Well, there's a lecturer who brought chocolates from Paris for his students... I admit that I'm jealous. But I would not exchange my supervisor if I'm given the chance to! Hahaha.

All these days of headaches, stomachaches, sleep deprivation... are nothing now! Phew... I can finally relax for a while. Have to continue doing my proposal tomorrow. =.=




When I reached home today, I was greeting with this!






But the one I brought to my hostel with me is still like this!




Hmm, I guess the seeds need some sunlight. Some more there were the whitish thingy like mold or fungus growed on my seeds =.=

I was so busy this week that I couldn't blog although I really wanted to. First of all, I'm trying to grow a little forest from fruit seeds.

Second, I went back to the doctor and I think he officially diagnosed me as asthma. Not the serious type of asthma though. Haha, coz miraculously my cough disappeared after taking the oral asthma medication. So, he gave me a turbohaler!




Wow, after all these years of inhaler training, I got to use it myself o.O My roomie said I wouldn't have to worry about OSCE if inhaler counselling is gonna be assessed liao.

Hmm okay suddenly I lazy to blog liao so that's all!





You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...