Sunway Lagoon Summer Getaway

8:57 PM


Technically, we don't have summer in Malaysia but whatever~


So, since the Malacca trip was cancelled, HL suggested to go Sunway Lagoon instead, just the two of us. I've always wanted to relive my childhood memories in this water themepark and moreover, there's Buy-One-Free-One promotion again (it's a mid-year promotion for both college/university students and Sunway Pals members)! The normal ticket price is RM120 per person which is freaking expensive! So this promotion sure is a good deal!


I think Sunway Lagoon has done a great job in providing convenience to customers. They have upgraded their wristbands! It's very convenient now as you can load a minimum of RM50 into the waterproof paper wristbands and enjoy cashless payment system inside the themepark! You can reload at counters located at several points in the themepark and get back your credit balances before 7PM. Futhurmore, they've also upgraded their lockers! Now it's electronic!


E-locker

Although it's become more expensive now (RM15 for small, RM30 for large) compared to last time (RM5?), but you can open your locker for unlimited number of times without any charges! And you don't have to worry about "lock picker" coz your locker can only be opened using the barcode on your wristband! To rent a locker, just make a payment using your wristband at the rental counter and the computer will randomly assign a locker for you. Then, just scan your wristband at the scanner there and.... Voila! The door of your locker will "spring out" lol it's kind of cool. Just make sure that you retrieve all your things before 6PM as the service will be closed by that time.


After we got our locker, I changed into my new swimwear. YES, my new swimwear. Remember last time I planned a Sunway Lagoon trip with my friends (uni friends, high school friends... eventually all cancelled =.=)? I bought a set of swimsuit for the trip but didn't have the chance to wear it until now lol.


Vuvuzela


The first thing we hoped on was THE FAMOUS VUVUZELA: the world's largest vortex water ride, as claimed by Sunway Lagoon. I've wanted to try it since the first time I saw it in the advertisement when it just came out. Since it was HL's most anticipated ride of all and it was near the entrance of the water park, we went for it without warming up lol. Well, initially from how it seems in the picture, I thought it wouldn't be that thrilling. But boy, I was so wrong!

We had to share the ride with three other people (a father and his sons) because it required five people. Here is where I would say that it's nicer if you come with a bunch of friends, make it at least four people.
Coz it's kinda awkward when you're sitting inside the float with strangers... Don't know where to look =.=

The ride was very fast! HL wanted to record the whole thing but our hands had to hold on tightly to the float because the ride was quite rough! The peak of the thrill was when the ride reached a small peak (like the peak of a roller coaster but smaller I guess?) and we were thrown off the slide for a second and there was a free fall? Lol everything happened too fast before my brain can figure out what's going on. After the peak, we continued racing down the slide and into the vortex! That was where I got brain concussion LOL! And the ride was ended with a big splash on our traumatised body lol.

When I finally set my feet on the ground again, I felt that I've just gone through a car accident and I felt dizzy!
Am I too old for these shits?! Or just lack of sleep? I'll go with lack of sleep... Before I can restore my "sobriety", the father suggested to go one more time and I got dragged along by HL into that ride again =.=
Yeah, I still had same degree of concussion for the second time.



Congo Challenge [google image]

After Vuvuzela, we went for the Congo Challenge jet water slides because it was just next to Vuvuzela.
It's nothing compared to Vuvuzela (basically everything else was just a leisurely ride after Vuvuzela). But I hurt my ankle here =.= We also went for the African Pythons, the curly water slides. It was just blah...



Waterplexx 5D [google image]

Then, we went into the Waterplexx 5D theatre. I was expecting it to be like the 4D Motion Master in Genting Highland. Well, more or less like that but with more water splashing! The place were freezing! Actually it's not that cold maybe because we were soaking wet so we felt it's extra colder than the real temperature. The interior of the place was like an insect hive... or some mutated insect alien thingy's hiding place. So cold and wet... The whole point of this ride was just getting wet...

Waterplexx 5D [google image]

As you can see from the above picture, water spurts out from all directions. I don't think wearing raincoat does any help to prevent us from getting wet (I didn't know that they provide raincoat). HL sat just beside a water pipe so she kena a lot haha. 3D glasses were provided but since we were splashed with water all the time I couldn't have a clear view of the short film. I did see the dragon/skeleton/things came out of the screen though. A final word to describe this ride --- REFRESHING!



We wanted to try the Bungee Jump (to be honest, I was kinda paranoid that the rope might break and my body will crash into the ground) but it costs RM130/person so forget it. The G-Force X costs RM60/person so we didn't play that also. Everything in the park is included in our tickets except Bungee Jump, G-Force X and ATV. Oh, BTW the Bungee Jump is located above a lake so no worries ;) So eventually we went for Flying Fox only for the "extreme" rides. Not really extreme IMO. I thought the Flying Fox I tried last time was a slow one, but this time it was also slow. In fact, it was better last time because I flied through a forest, not a pool full of people.



Pirate's Revenge [google image]

Before we go for lunch, we went for the pirate ship ride first because we both agreed that we don't wanna puke out our lunch. Coz it was a 360 degree ride! Well, I tried it before when I was a kid. It was one of my favourite rides but I don't know why the feeling is totally different now o.O All I got from this ride was dizziness. Haiz... Sign of aging...



After that, we went to find the flume ride that we both wanted to play so much. In the end, what we found was just disappointment.

Niagara Fall Flume Ride

It was my favouritest ride of all when I came here as a kid years ago! Awww so sad! Why do they have to choose to close this ride out of so many rides to make a space for new hotel?! Even the Genting Highland's flume ride also been demolished! Wtf! So many sweet memories gone :(

Niagara Fall [google image]

Niagara Fall [google image]

Haha this is just a picture I found from Google. Interesting to know that flume ride existed since the black-and-white era. Some famous people wearing suits in a flume ride lol.

Flume ride [google image]



Then, we had a hearty lunch at Marrybrown. After all the "trauma" that my body's been through, it was the most "幸福" moment throughout the day when I was eating my fried chicken rice lol.



After lunch, we went for a walk in the Wildlife Park. There weren't many animals but I still enjoyed it. We went to the animal "theatre" at 3PM which was supposed to be an animal show I think. However, I guess they didn't have enough animals or trainers so there was no show. They just let us pet three small animals: civet cat, fluffy rabbit and blue-tongued skink.

The civet cat caught my eyes. It kept nibbling on the keeper's hands like a dog! I wanted to let it nibble my hands too but I was afraid that it might be painful because it looked aggressive! Nevertheless, the keeper said that it's just like a pet dog, likes to play a lot with people!

Civet cat [google image]

This is not the civet cat I saw in the Wildlife Park lah...Just a google image I stolen... A fun fact: Civet cat is actually the cat that produce cat poop coffee! I just found out about this when I googled for its pictures lol.




Tomahawk [google image]

Then, we went for Tomahawk which is also a 360 degree ride like the pirate ship. But gosh this moved even faster than the pirate ship and my butt was literally separated from the seat when we were upside down! After the 360 degree turn I was exhausted and dizzy and was not enjoying the ride anymore. When the ride ended, I saw a guy at the first row in a sleeping position lol, probably too dizzy already. Yes, a tip here: avoid the first row if you don't want to get dizzy!



Scream Park [google image]

We proceeded to the Scream Park which is having the World War Z theme currently. I didn't have much expectation towards it coz I knew that the results will be the same as the last time I went into a haunted house at the charity bazaar held by my university. I will always be a shield of my friend who goes into the haunted house with me. I'm not afraid of the zombies/ghosts because I know that they're not real.

We went in in groups, which made it even not scary. Inside, we were asked to stop at one point to watch a short horror film which was not scary at all. Once in a while, there were zombies that jumped out to scare us. Of course, they managed to scare me coz I can be scared so easily by loud sound. I thought the zombies would be chasing after us like in the haunted house in Ellen Degeneres' videos, but they didn't. We grouped up with some teens (so called "siao kin na" by HL, maybe they're same age with us but looked like teens) who seemed to be from Thailand and proceeded into the dark maze. I was the first person in the line initially but I was hesitant to move forward coz I didn't want to be scared out of the blue. So the Thailand girls moved in front of us lol. But the only boy in our group stayed behind us which was kind of sweet haha. At one point when a zombie blocked my way, the boy some more pulled my hand and dashed forward =.= I was just stunned for a second because the zombie sprung out into my way, maybe he thought I was too scared to move. The teens were quite nice actually, waited for us several times when we were blocked by zombies.

Scream Park [google image]
This was the only place where I felt eerie. We had to move through these standing-still zombies! I was expecting one of the zombies would suddenly move and chase us lol. Oh... The suspense was killing me! However, that was just my fantasy.



Grand Canyon River Rapids [google image]

After Scream Park, we went for the Grand Canyon River Rapids ride. We had to group up with two other foreign guys again. One was quite handsome and muscular eh... Another one was fat... Haha, the fat one fell over on HL during the ride! OMG Must be damn painful for both him and HL! Though I still don't understand how could he fall coz the ride wasn't that rough after all. I even suspected that he purposely one to take advantage on girls! Lol. This was my second favourite ride when I was a kid but this time I felt the ride so-so only.



Suspension bridge

Lastly, we went to cross the world's longest pedestrian suspension bridge before we went to the wave pool for the second time.



I think the moments we spent at the wave pool were the most enjoyable experience throughout the day because it was so relaxing and chilling! Especially the mushroom fountain where we had our full body massage haha! When you're under the mushroom all the noise outside will be shielded by the water and you can close your eyes, let the water pour on your body and enjoy the serenity... Wow, I could spend the whole day there!

Wave pool [google image]

Other than that, we also played around with HL's new waterproof Sony handphone! It was kinda cool to have a waterproof handphone. I was tempted to buy one too! But well, I think iPhone will still be my first choice... We had a good laugh there trying to take pictures underwater coz the results turned out to be hilarious!



I tried to open my eyes underwater and I thought my eyes were wide open already but it turned out very small LOL. Why other people can open their eyes underwater like normal one?!


Well, that's it. Overall, it was fun but it wasn't as fun as when I was a kid. Why??? Am I really old already?!








Disclaimer: Most pictures were stolen from Google or taken from HL because I didn't bring my camera phone along.








You Might Also Like

3 comments

  1. u made me laughed reading your post! lol..
    but why iphone? u nt satisfied wit your samsung ke? support lar sony.. hehe :)
    btw, very informative post.. with a lot more adjectives compared to mine *bravo*

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful blog. Love the photos and hope to experience those water activity :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Thanks for your visit and kind compliment!

      Delete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...