Recent happenings and thoughts.

6:53 PM

Went to IKEA on Hari Raya! The last time I went was like, when? I couldn't even remember. My dad wanted to bring us out to KL during Raya because according to him, there would be less cars in KL because all the Malays balik kampung already. Uhm, I didn't feel like going out coz I had so many things to do! But I thought: life is short, u don't get much time with family and often people regret when they realise this. So WTH we went to IKEA on Raya with lots of time wasted on finding a parking slot, finding a table at the restaurant, queuing up for food, etc.

Nevertheless, I must say I kinda enjoy this outing because 1) Long time never visit IKEA. Can see lots of designer furniture. I like to see pretty things heheh.    2) Meatballs.

Why don't my house have those stylish furniture?! Why can't my parents be more appreciative of tasteful furnishing and decor? I quietly promised myself that I will have a perfectly designed house in the future. But before that, I must make sure I can earn sufficient money to buy what I want.

I have a lot of things in mind that I wanna have throughout my 21 years of life but, I've never really been eager to have them. Somehow I managed to relate it to my parents; perhaps because since small my parents taught us that we shouldn't have this, we shouldn't have that, or we don't need those things, I've learnt to control my lust. Then, as I grow older, I don't even have the courage to crave for something; fear of disappointment, perhaps. So one month ago, if you asked me what I want? I couldn't give you an answer.

Not long ago, a friend said that 会花钱的人才会赚钱 basically means that one only knows how to earn money if he spends a lot of money. I don't entirely agree with it, but she's got a point. And then I figured out that maybe that's why I'd been so unmotivated then. So I must become a spendthrift? No lah. Maybe I should stop thinking that I don't deserve those expensive stuffs although I really really like them. Maybe I should stop making myself believe that branded stuffs are just a waste of money.

Branded stuffs. I've always been fond of branded stuffs although I don't own one. None that I remember. And then it came to a point that I didn't think about branded stuffs anymore; thinking that it's just a waste of money and I can live with cheaper but also good quality items. My mind is gonna change again today coz this is what I learned from my business (also a pharmacist) lecturer: Price is what you pay, value is what you get. He gave an example of iPhone/Samsung phones versus some cheap phones. Although iPhone/Samsung are over RM2k+, there are still more people who buy it than those cheap phones. Why? Because of quality, the texture, and the satisfaction that customers get from it. Satisfaction, that is the most important, isn't it? So, if branded stuff can gives me satisfaction and makes me happy, why not? But of course, I have to earn money myself lah.

Well, on my 21st birthday, I've given myself a dream. Something to be used to motivate myself! LOL I don't know if this is considered a dream as it is quite easy to achieve, I think. My dream is to visit the faraway places that I like, particularly Paris.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...