Wohoo 21st !

12:30 AM

(Started typing on my birthday itself but it was too late at night so I continued typing today.)

I want to blog about today because I want to remember it for life!

Because......it's an important (kinda) day for me! My 21st birthday!

Well...usually I don't celebrate birthday because I don't see it as a day worth to celebrate...but I think 21st is quite an important milestone in our lives I guess.. I was also quite worried that other people find out that today is my birthday =.= I'm also not sure why lol.

First of all the day went really really well! I think everyone's lucky on his/her birthday huh? Coz I literally got one question wrong out of 20 for my CAL test (yea I had test that afternoon =.=)! About 6 questions I wasn't sure of the answers one!

Yeah...And after so long..finally there are people who celebrate my birthday with me lol (except last year when my cousin came all the way to my hostel to give me a piece of secret recipe cake and forced me to listen to her "Happy Birthday" song!) So 3 of my uni friends (YX, SP, Hannah) had a small birthday celebration with me :)

We went for dinner at Mi Na Rae Korean BBQ restaurant at Sri Petaling! My first time eating real Korean cuisine! When I mean REAL Korean cuisine I really mean it!! It is run by a real Korean family (there was also a Korean family occupying a table not far from us)! So I get to eat authentic Korean food without having to go to Korea! haha. The best part was the food is actually GOOD (Y). Totally worth the price! Well, I'm not much of a food lover and I'm not one who likes to snap dozens of pictures when the food is served. Therefore, you should be thankful that I actually snapped a few pictures to show you...lol



First one served: Soju!!


Also my first time really drink alcohol. I don't like any alcohol (except Anglia / Jolly Shandy) unless I discover an alcohol drink that is not bitter in the future. But nevertheless when we heard Soju all of us agreed that we must try it! The moment it went down my throat I can feel a hot sensation followed by a strong bitter taste together with a little sweetness. OMG SO BITTER WTF. At that moment I swore I won't drink alcohol again. And LOL Hannah's expression after drinking one shot was so funny!!! I bet mine was funny too LOL. Quoted from my friend YX: "It's exactly like the expression they made in Running Man!" Hahaha well, maybe not word by word but she said something like that. Then we realised that if u drink it in one shot, the time the alcohol is in contact with ur tongue will be less and so u wouldn't taste the bitterness. And so we started drinking like that!

...................................

Well I still felt the bitterness! So I just drank 3 shots that day (one shot = half of the cup).
In the end, YX drank about half of the bottle because we 3 couldn't tolerate the alcohol lol. Her face all redden !! Then after that she got really bad side effects >.<


NEXT, our FOOD:




Full set!! Just like the one they had in Running Man! OMG I've always wanted to try this ever since I saw these in RM! The BBQ pork belly (if I remembered correctly) was damn nice!! Some of the side dishes were also nice especially the Pumpkin Pancake it's everyone's love 


AND THE BEST OF 'EM ALL


Kimchi Jjigae

BEST KIMCHI I'VE EVER EATEN. hahaha I know the photo sucks. We were so hungry that we couldn't wait to start gobbling! Actually this photo is courtesy of YX. I didn't take a solo shot for KIMCHI JJIGAE because I didn't know it was SO NICE mah!




BBQ Pork Belly
Haha this picture was also taken by YX. Beside it was another type of Korean pancake which I thought it was just an egg dish lol.


Oh yeaaa, there's a certain way to eat the pork belly. KOREAN STYLE like Running Man! We stuffed a piece of pork belly in a lettuce, then add some sauce, garlic and lastly rice! YUMMMMMM

Lettuce [picture taken by YX]



And one more thing! After I watched RM at night only I realised Korean's water jugs are special. They had exactly the same silhouette shape! BTW u can google Soju and u will find many pictures of identical-looking bottles lol.

Water jug [picture taken by YX]

Hoo hoo~ And lastly my birthday cake.........


Strawberry-flavoured Cutie cupcake!
What? It's still a cake right? LOL

Hehe YX said I looked so kelian with this tiny cupcake as my 21st birthday cake but really, it's more than enough :) Our stomachs would be too full to eat birthday cake after that dinner I think! At least I was very full.. Anyways! It was my first time eating a cupcake too! hahaha so many 'first time's! I liked it! Not too sweet! 


After finish eating, we headed to Baskin Robbins~ As it's having 31% off deal yeah everyone knows that! I just want to mention that I LOVE LOVE LOVE ❤  my birthday! It's the same as Harry Potter! It's special because not every month has got 31st day! And of course, Baskin Robbin's 31st day special deal lol. Nah I don't really care about the ice cream.

Oh BTW, after Baskin Robbins, YX got really bad side effects (headache, dizziness, nausea) from the Soju like I mentioned earlier. We tried to find a taxi for sooooooooooooo long; it seemed that taxis don't go into that place where we're waiting for taxi =.= We even asked a receptionist in a hotel there to help us call a taxi but of no use zzz. I felt a lil guilty haha coz if I drank more maybe she wouldn't have been drunk.



And at night I receive this lovely picture from HP who actually forgot it's my birthday before I reminded her! lol then she 补偿 me with this designed by herself! 

Like!!  THANK YOU!!






That's all! I'll write again if I remember I missed out anything! :P








You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. hey, next time when v meet up show me your expression when u had tat shot of "soju" ah! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm I don't think that's possible because u can only make that expression when u really drink the soju! Genuinely caused by the taste of the soju not faked one!

    ReplyDelete

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...