The Hunger Games: Catching Fire

10:44 PM



Yay I finally watched it today! I don't know why but I was so excited yesterday night until I took some time to fall asleep.

Actually, I don't think there's a big difference between the first movie and this second movie. Maybe because I read too many reviews and thought too much of it. Anyhow it sure is better than the first one (though less/no suspense probably because I'd read the book and knew the story very well). The first one was more about introducing the Panem system and the Games to the audience, while the second one is about the start of an uprising (and 50% game).

Yeah, I guess I'm a tad disappointed. I think everything was going too fast in the movie. It didn't go deeper into each of the important events that I really liked. Can't blame the movie actually coz there are just so much to cover in the 2nd book! The movie itself is already about 2 hours+. Now I understand why some said they should separate the 2nd book into 2 parts of movie, instead of separating the 3rd book.

Besides that, somethings are different from what I've imagined which made me kinda disappointed also haha. They changed a tad bit of things in the movie but I think nobody has an issue with it. And there's little to no suspense at all (for me!) because I reread the book recently!

The Game arena was gorgeous! Although they changed a little from the book. It was definitely more fun than the first movie's arena! I thought the new Training Centre was really cool! Can't wait to see more high-tech stuffs in the next movie!

There were more tribute characters with strong personalities in this second movie. I like Johanna Mason in the movie, she's a pretty babe with a strong attitude! Finnick in the movie didn't leave much impression on me coz u know, they cut out many scenes.

One thing that I liked about what they changed is, they made Peeta stronger than in the book! However, Peeta seemed like a useless lover boy in the movie though (=.=) coz you know, they cut out scenes again. There's one scene I liked it very much! Although they had shortened the whole thing in the movie. It's where Katniss shot the arrow at President Snow's face (not literally)! Hahaha! Take that, Snow! Oh, I love Jennifer Lawrence!



Peeta and Katniss. Katniss is so pretty!

Jennifer Lawrence the Oscar winner! Gorgeous!



I decided that I will spam some photos from the movie:



District 12's three-finger salute!


Effie has became one of my fav characters in this 2nd movie.

 Caesar Flickerman interviewing Peeta

I don't know why I feel happy whenever Caesar shows up. Although his smile is a bit TOO dazzling.


Fan's art

Jennifer Lawrence is the best actress for Katniss. I love both her and Katniss!


(All the pictures are either from mockingjay.net or Google.)



So, the conclusion of my first time watching a movie after reading the original book is, books are really better than movies. Lesson learnt is, don't reread the book just before the time you watch the movie (=.=) You'll lose the fun.

Maybe if I didn't read the book I would enjoy the movie better? Well, IF I didn't read the book, I wouldn't feel what Katniss felt in the movie and wouldn't cry a few times during the movie (it's the music I swear) and my head probably would be filled with question marks. So I guess everything has 2 sides.

I think they did a great job producing the music for this movie franchise! You know, that music when the tributes parade in the first movie (turns out it's the Panem's national anthem haha). I get some kind of emotion burning inside me whenever I hear it! OMG, I just realised there are actually people singing the lyrics (=.=) I thought it's just music!  I put the YouTube video here, in case anyone of you wanna hear it lol.



Panem National Anthem

The fans even made a post-mockingjay anthem themselves (which is the anthem they should be playing after they won the battle against Capitol). I actually like it! Better than our country's national anthem...hehehe.


Fan-made post-mockingjay anthem



Lastly, a quote from Catching Fire:

“Remember who the real enemy is.”


The girl on fire. *cue Alicia Key's song*


Just watch the movie! And watch the first one first, if you haven't read the books!


PS: My mum didn't fall asleep during the movie! In fact, she was quite excited!


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Latest Post

A Traumatising Incident at Tawau, Sabah

It's been a looooooooooong time since I blog about my daily life other than my travelogs. Partly because there's really nothing so ...